Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from Brownells, Cabela's, TandemKros or Tekmat, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Also, don't forget to visit our other sponsors sites, click-throughs are appreciated by our advertisers. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Magazine Issue

Posts liked by others
    I agree with Bert. Those dents in the side of the polymer follower strongly suggest that the follower is overriding the slide stop lug.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    There's a separate part in that polymer follower, where the dents are visible, and IIRC the reason this part is separate is because it is NOT polymer, it's a metallic insert, made this way so that it's more durable...

In any case, you have a gun that works with a known set of good mags, which happen to be the factory mags, which aren't too pricey, either. I'd say that's a victory!
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    One way to fix the mec gar mags is to replace the spring and follower. I've had good success with this:
    https://www.brownells.com/magazines/...prod55221.aspx
    The Tripp Kit will give you a 7 round capacity, but it will be reliable.

Also, the RI factory mag is an 8-round ACT-Mag, made in Italy and, IME, an outstanding magazine. I buy mine from Wolff Gunsprings because they come with a Wolff +10% Extra Power Spring already installed.
    https://www.gunsprings.com/COLT/1911.../mID1/dID1#803

Wolff also makes replacement springs for ACT-Mags, so you can upgrade your older mags or those purchased elsewhere.
    https://www.gunsprings.com/ACT-MAG/cID1/mID6/dID7
    "Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you." --Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)

Posts liked by others
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I will definitely be buying some factory mags to replace the Mec-gars.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234