Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: New American Classic II 9mm

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

New American Classic II 9mm

Brought home a new Metro Arms ACII in 9mm a couple days ago. This is my 4th Metro Arms purchase:
    1. MAC Bobcut in 45 ACP
    2. ACII in 45 ACP
    3. MAC 3011 SSD in 45 ACP

Over the past 2 years since buying the Bobcut, I've put more than 25,000 rounds through these 3 guns without a single mechanical failure. So I wasn't surprised when the new 9mm ran flawlessly and hit at point of aim right out of the box. Picture with 5 bullet holes was shot at 15 yards then I moved the target out to 25 yards for 5 more rounds. These were the 1st rounds through the gun.

During the range session, I let a couple of the Range Officers inspect and shoot it. Typical comments were:
    - Slide to frame fit is tight.
    - Nice finish
    - Nice trigger
    - Smooth and easy to rack the slide.
    - Soft shooting.
    - Metro Arms? Never heard of them.
    - You paid what?

By the time I left the ROs were on-line checking the availablity and prices for ACII in 9mm.

I'm amazed at the quality from Metro Arms for the price. In my opinion this is one of if not the best values out there.

Plans for this gun are to fit it out for USPSA single stack division.
    - Dawson Precision front fiber optic sight and rear Kensight adjustable rear sight
    - Dawson Precision magwell
    - Ambi safety
    - Cylinder and Slide hammer, sear and disconnector
    - Caspian straight faced trigger
    - Extended / paddle style mag release
    - Wolfe main, recoil and trigger springs for tuning

Anyone have recent experience with 10 round mags for 9mm? I'm looking for recommendations.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes (1) :
    ncviking (29th March 2017)

Posts liked by others
    I can't help you with magazines, but that's a good-looking 9mm, congrats!

Also, please tell us all about your 3011 in another thread if you like, I know that to many the concept seems heretical but some of us really do like double-stack 1911s...
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    Spyros

Thanks. I think Metro Arms puts out some nice looking guns and everyone I've owned has run great and in my experience they make a great starting point to build on.

I'm with you regarding double stack 1911s. I was going back and forth between the 3011 and a Rock Island ... my experience with the ACII and Bobcut sealled the deal for the MAC 3011. I have big hands/long fingers. As a baseball player I liked bats with thick grips and in tennins I always wrapped the grip. First time someone put a double stack in my hands I knew I wanted one. I even went so far as to make custom 1911 grips that simulate the double stack in girth and front strap profile.

I'll get the 3011 out today to take some pictures and maybe take to the range to shoot some groups so I can brag on it.

Jack

Posts liked by others
    Spyros

Pic of MAC 3011 and a couple targets.

Both targets were shot indoors at 25 yards off of a sandbag. TO be completely honest I was expecting much more of the 3011 in the accuracy dept, but it was the shooter's fault not the gun's ... now for my excuse . I'm an old and I'm near sighted. My shooting glasses have my reading perscription in the right lens and my distance perscription in the left lense (right eye dominant). Works great for USPSA and Steel Challenge 'cause I can see the target and the front sight clearly. But close my left eye and the target is nothing more than a green fuzzy blob. Did the best I could as fare as maintining the same sight picture.

I've had the 3011 for nearly 2 years and have a couple thousand rounds through it. When I took the gun out of the box for the 1st time it locked up so tight that I didn't think it would run. It did and it has ever since. The gun is still very tight. but so smooth that it ran these 10 150 power factor loads without a single failure ... all I did was change out the recoil spring to 14#.

Gun is completely stock except to a Dawson Precision fron sight and I painted the grips ... couldn't stand those silver things.

Jack

Posts liked by others
    Well I'm not near-sighted and I wish I could shoot somewhere near as good as this at 25 yards..!

Nice guns, both. My doublestack is a Para 9mm. Reliable as an anvil and almost as heavy. It can shoot as well as this, if my wife holds it -- but that's another matter.
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter
    Likes (1) :
    ncviking (29th March 2017)

Posts liked by others
    2 more pictures attached:

- New 9mm dressed up with the "go fast parts" that I had on hand installed. Ready for start mag testing and tuning. Waiting on Dawson Precision fiber-optic front sight and Kensight adjustable rear to be delivered. Still need to order a full length guide rod and ambi-safety. Meg-gar 10 round mag pictured came in the mail yesterday ... I'll report on how it works. Initial impressions are good.

- Metro Arms, MAC collection.