Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Tisas?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Tisas?

Anyone have any experience with these Turk 1911s? After my positive experience with a Rock Island, I'm thinking of adding one to the stable.

Thanks

Posts liked by others
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MK8ffcLL3A

Hickok45 seems to think they're good, for the money. Not sure how long they'll last. You pay for a lot of things besides the name in the more expensive guns and I have to believe better quality steel is a big part of that. Tisas may shoot well when brand new, but for how long are they going to continue doing that? Anybody's guess.

I've thought about getting one to use as a test bed for learning some gunsmithing. If I screw it up I'm not out a lot. Trigger job, checkering, adding a mag well, things like that. Might make a good learning tool.

Posts liked by others
    We're often not aware of it, but Turkey has a very prolific arms manufacturing industry. Much of it is in shotguns, but they also do rifles and handguns. A lot of brands that we know and recognize are actually manufactured in Turkey and sold in the U.S. under familiar brand names.

M1911.org reviewed a Tisas 1911 a few years ago when they were being imported by Umarex USA under the Regent name. Link:

http://ezine.m1911.org/showthread.ph...ent-100-review
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    Very interesting review, thanks for the link.

Posts liked by others
    I saw one at my LGS, it felt a lot like my Rock Island FS GI model, just looking I didn't see any problems with it and the price is definitely good, he had $369 on it and it was gone next day.
    he told me he hasn't had any body bring one back with a real problem, he said most of the time someone new to 1911 strips it then can't get it back together.

Posts liked by others
    Thanks! Appreciate the info.

Posts liked by others
    It's a great gun had mine about 3yrs now good quality In the fit and finish, I find It a nice shooter.
    Items of note put In a 18lb recoil spring, the factory Is "heavy" pushing 23lb at least and give It a good flush and oil(this should be the first thing you do to any new gun) mine had a lot of packing oil In It.
    Outside of that enjoy It they're a good basic well made 1911 at a good price.
    Likes (2) :
    kc2bya (8th March 2017), paladin45 (28th May 2020)

Posts liked by others
    Thanks for the info. What is it with these heavy springs? Every new 1911 I've seen recently takes two men and a boy to operate the slide.
    Likes (2) :
    grayman (9th March 2017), paladin45 (11th January 2018)

Posts liked by others
    I got mine in trade for some work I did for an old veteran. He said the slide was too hard to rack, and he never shot it anymore.

Brownells sent me a new spring kit. All is well. Mine example is the deluxe version with ambi safety and the accessory rail.

I have put a thousand rounds though it with no problems. Enhanced fixed sights shoot to the point of aim.

I did put some 1917 style walnut grips on it. It looks good, and is a great shooter.

One minor problem: The accessory rail will not fit into a 1911 holster.