Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: New to me Springfield Loaded Champion

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

New to me Springfield Loaded Champion

Just picked up my first Springfield, a Loaded Champion PX9142L manufactured in 2004 at the local pawn shop I visit once in a while for deals. The pistol was in a pretty good condition with plenty of scratches on the slide caused by the previous owner while installing the slide stop during assembly. I was able to buff it out mostly, still plenty of work left though. It came with the original blue box and 2 7 round stainless magazines. So far I put a hundred rounds through, it shot well, however the weird 2 piece guide rod kept on unscrewing itself. After calling Springfield customer support I ordered the new modernized guide rod setup they recommended for $45. So far I replaced the slide stop with Wilson Combat extended one and have an extended magazine release on the way. Also replaced the sights, I guess it was a common issue that they stopped lighting up after a while. Also ordered original factory grips with the crossed cannons.

If you have any recommendations about this 1911 I would greatly appreciate it.

DSC_2930.jpg

DSC_2933.jpg

My modest handgun collection:

DSC_2945.jpg
    Likes (1) :
    Minister1955 (9th October 2018)

Last edited by Hun Shooter; 3rd February 2017 at 07:43.

Posts liked by others
    Congratulations on the new "toy", shoot it and enjoy it.

Posts liked by others
    Ya got a good one! Your collection is well thought out!

Posts liked by others
    I've always liked the steel frame of the Champion.