Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from Brownells, Cabela's, TandemKros or Tekmat, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Also, don't forget to visit our other sponsors sites, click-throughs are appreciated by our advertisers. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Common tuneup items

Posts liked by others
    Re: SevenL4
    I have just 100-ish rounds through my Tactical. Yes, the clip release is really stiff; especially as I'm left-handed. What I find even more anoying is the corners on the magazine throat. I've pinched myself a couple of times lining up the magazine with the butt. They are seriously sharp, but I don't want to mess up the Parkerized finish.
    I also added some titrium (sp?) paint to the sights.
    BTW - it loads ball and hollow point straight out of the box. The only problem I've had with firing is when I accidently set the thumb safety on recoil once and didn't realize why it wouldn't fire. Oops!
    BTW - what is the function of the set screw in the trigger? The only other 1911s I've fired was in the service. And how do you get in there to adjust it?

Posts liked by others
    The set screw in the trigger is an over-travel adjustment screw. You screw it in to eliminate or reduce the trigger travel that occurs after the sear releases the hammer. If you screw it in too much the trigger stirrup will not go back far enough to push the sear (via the disconnector) sufficiently to release the hammer. But it is also possible for an over-travel screw to cause the sear to drag on the half cock notch on the hammer if it is in too far, even if it does release the hammer. To check for sear/hammer drag, cycle your hammer with your thumb with the trigger fully depressed and feel for internal friction. If there is any, back the screw out a little until it disappears.

To adjust the screw you need the proper sized Allen wrench. You can usually use the short limb of the wrench to access the screw.
    Last edited by pblanc; 6th April 2017 at 17:58.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12