Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The search is FINALLY over......

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Congrats on your filling of the stable Tex!! I've just got the one and will probably stop there.

Posts liked by others
    Congratulations. I only have seven, but continue to look for ones that I don’t have. It’s getting harder to find them in pristine condition.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by 1jester View Post
    Congratulations. I only have seven, but continue to look for ones that I don’t have. It’s getting harder to find them in pristine condition.
    It's plain getting harder to find 'em in ANY condition at a fair market price! There's a coupla yahoo's on GB that have tried to corner the market and are putting them up at stupid high opening bids. I'm not too picky - if they're in decent shape, I'm fine - because I'll shoot 'em in a heartbeat!

Posts liked by others
    Although their prices are high, the bluebook is way off considering the numbers made.

Posts liked by others
    Although their prices are high, the bluebook is way off considering the numbers made.
    Oh, to be sure! It's made me really reconsider their whole repute as a reliable bellweather of value!

Posts liked by others
    I totally agree. I only use the bluebook for general reference as to which models are made, but have to look at current sales prices to get closer in estimating.

Posts liked by others
    Yeah - was buying several guns out of an estate last December, and because the widow was a personal friend of a buddy, was trying to give her actual market value, since these would be for my collection, rather than resale at the shop. Her brother was with her to "protect her interests" (as he informed me with a "knowing" look), so as I was looking at a M1 Carbine Paratrooper, I put my book down to check on some details on the gun. He quickly grabbed the BB and said - "See, right here - that rifle is worth $400!!". So I paid her the $400 per her brothers "informed knowledge", and $200 for an old Colt .25 that had been engraved by the Colt Custom Shop (I had suspected same, and was going to suggest that we hold off valuing it until I could get it confirmed by Colt, which I later did) because her brother found the value in the book......

Posts liked by others
    Someone that finally got some good use out of a bluebook LOL. I only had one such case. I bought a new in box called woodsman 1949 issued for 275. I felt guilty

Posts liked by others
    Someone that finally got some good use out of a bluebook LOL. I only had one such case. I bought a new in box called woodsman 1949 issued for 275. I felt guilty
    I stopped feeling guilty years ago - we get folks that come in with estate collections that don't want to be bothered to research value, nor pay our $15/gun fee to do so for them. I've seen some NICE guns go for little to nothing, yet the seller was ecstatic. You just can't backstop ignorance......

Posts liked by others
    A Guy called imhotep on gun broker is really pushing Randalls lately. I wonder if he’s the guy that has the 38 super or the pair made for Tom Selleck. He’s out of Texas also.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast