Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rock won't cycle Winchester 9mm ammo.

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick McC. View Post
    I've never had any problems running WWB ammo, including 115gr ball, in any of my pistols.

An 11 pound recoil spring should run with pretty much any load.

I'd order a 10-11 pound recoil spring myself in case they inadvertently put in a heavier one. If it still won't run after that; I'd get my money back, and try a different brand.
    Same here.

Have you done the visual check to see if the extractor tension is tight enough?
    Best Regards,

Jeff

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by BadaBing11 View Post
    Same here.

Additional info by the OP leads me to think there's a FTE, rather than ammo, problem.

Either too little extractor tension, or, as Hawkmoon notes; the wrong ejector.
    "Sights are for the unenlightened."

Rick

IDPA Certified Safety Officer

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick McC. View Post
    Additional info by the OP leads me to think there's a FTE, rather than ammo, problem.

Either too little extractor tension, or, as Hawkmoon notes; the wrong ejector.
    And yet the OP states: "Traded someone at the range for a box of Remington and it cycled all 50 rounds without a hiccup."
    "Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you." --Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by BadaBing11 View Post
    Same here.

What is the visual check? Just looking to see if the extractor has a good grip on the case? I test by manually and slowly extracting an empty case out of the chamber and seeing if the case stays hooked to the extractor while I jiggle the gun a bit. Too lose and it falls off without much movement, too tight and it stays hooked with a lot of movement.

Posts liked by others
    I just bought one and it also would not extract win white box, tried factory mag and Wilson combat mag, couldn't get more then 2 or 3 shots off and it was all jammed up very frustrating brand new and wont work. Brought it back to my dealer who is a gunsmith and asked if I should send it back or if he wanted to look at it, he said he would look at it first, he said he adjusted extractor pressure (increased) and it should be good now. tried it out today same ammo ran flawlessly .

Posts liked by others
    Back to the range today and shot 100 rounds of the 124g ammo. Started to act the same as when shooting the 115g ammo. This gun is going back. I don't think I can get to the 500round break in. I can't get through a mag without two or three jams even with the 124g ammo. There is just something amiss with this gun. I shouldn't have to take it to a gunsmith to fix it. The factory should make it right.

Posts liked by others
    I am having the exact same issue. Mine is be sent in tomorrow for service. I will keep you posted.

Posts liked by others
    Just got mine back yesterday and took it to the range today. I think it is finally fixed. Ran 87 rounds through it and not one problem. I tried both 115 and 124g ammo and both ran great. This is a very accurate pistol. Much more accurate than my Sig P320 which I also had with me today. The Sig has a 3 1/2" barrel compared to the 5" on the RIA so it would stand to reason the RIA would be more accurate. This may become my favorite hand gun if it continues to be a reliable shooter. 9mm in a 1911 is just an awesome combination. The paperwork that came back with the gun said the same thing as last time. "Verified customer compliant, tuned,lubed,test fired." So I'm not sure what they did differently this time, but it seems to work great now.
    Last edited by Beemer606; 11th February 2017 at 15:59.

Posts liked by others
    White box from Winchester and Federal has always been hit or miss for me. Usually on the soft side. .45ACP and 9mm.

Recent range trip with Federal white box was interesting. The ammo was so soft the cases literally rolled out of the slide. Out of 200 rounds, one finally got caught up and hung on the barrel hood. On the plus side, it made things very easy to control. Just not ammo I would rely on except to punch paper. I've been very happy with the Browning branded range ammo that's been on sale locally. Seems consistent and snappy.
    Jeff

I laughed. I cried. I fell down. It changed my life.

Posts liked by others
    Ran another 75 rounds of Blazer 115g ammo through it yesterday. No problems at all. I'm really liking this gun now.
    Likes (1) :
    Mgaines (18th February 2017)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast