Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Speed loaders - magazine loaders

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Too slow for what?
    Good point. The idea is to save my thumbs from a bit of pain. Para with 18rd 9mm doublestack magazines...
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    One more vote for Uplula. I have several in different bags and use them for everything and there IS nothing better out there for loading single or double-stack mags!
    John B
    What goes around comes around.

Posts liked by others

busted

Thanks for the input. Everyone has praise for the UpLula so I ordered one. I see they make a loader for .223 and some other rifle cartridge and it loads the mag in ONE SWIPE. 30 rounds or such. Is that nice! I will consider the UpLula against my $7 "speedloader" and comment n a week or so.

Posts liked by others
    Magazines for rifles such as the AR-15 are designed to be loaded ("charged") from strips of cartridges -- hook the tab on the strip over the mag body, and press down. This means the gap between the magazine lips is wide enough to allow the cartridge case to fit between --the cartridges are retained because of the staggered double stack (or "stack and a half") nature of the magazine. That's why the AR-15 mag followers have a cartridge molded into the top surface -- to force the last round to stay over to one side so it won't pop out until it's fed.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    I bought my wife an UPLULA nine years ago, and she has yet to take possession of it!

I use it for both single and double stack pistol mags, from 9mm to .45acp.

I can load a 17 round M&P 9 mag in under 30 seconds, easily.

I usually average at least two weekend training courses a year; 1500 plus round count weekends each. I may leave tired, but I don't have sore thumbs.
    "Sights are for the unenlightened."

Rick

IDPA Certified Safety Officer
    Last edited by Rick McC.; 20th December 2016 at 18:55.

Posts liked by others
    Thanks Hawkmoon. I dont have a rifle except for a Ruger #1 (.22 Hornet) falling block. I find your post on double stacks very interesting. What does the "M" stand for in M1911?

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffreyt View Post
    What does the "M" stand for in M1911?
    'Model [of]'
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    I recieved the UpLula loader today. I read the directions twice and immediately was able to load two magazines. I wont even spend the effort to criticize my $7 "speedloader", LOL. UpLula is a nice tool. If it lasts it will be worth every cent. I appreciate all the input.

Posts liked by others
    ............If it lasts it will be worth every cent......
    It'll last. I've never had a problem with any one of mine and they all get pretty good use!
    John B
    What goes around comes around.

Posts liked by others
    I recieved the UpLula loader today. I read the directions twice and immediately was able to load two magazines. I wont even spend the effort to criticize my $7 "speedloader", LOL. UpLula is a nice tool. If it lasts it will be worth every cent. I appreciate all the input.
    It'll last.

I bought the one for my wife that she's never received back in early 2008.
    "Sights are for the unenlightened."

Rick

IDPA Certified Safety Officer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12