Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speed loaders - magazine loaders

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Speed loaders - magazine loaders

I am new to pistols. I bought a Sig 1911 extreme. I guess I am getting old, haha, but I find it tough to stuff number 6, 7, and forbid number 8 round into my single stack mags. I bought an inexpensive "speedloader" off of EBay for $7. It leaves a whole lot to be desired. I would like to hear reccomendations for good speedloaders for .45 please.

Posts liked by others
    The UpLula is the most powerful pistol magazine loader. I can load 8x45 barehanded but really need the UpLula for 10x9mm or any double stack.

Posts liked by others
    Agree with Jim, UpLula about the best you can get. JMTC.
    " I'm your huckelberry".

Posts liked by others

drive it home

Thanks for the response! I see the UpLula is about $30. Made in Isreal. Them guys should know how to get a mag loaded quick. My real interest is in whether the UpLula will actually seat the bullet in the clip. My $7 speed loader will push the loaded rounds down but after inserting a new round you still have to manually seat the round on top of the prior loaded round. If that makes sense. I mean to say after loading a round I still have to finish the job.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffreyt View Post
    Thanks for the response! I see the UpLula is about $30. Made in Isreal. Them guys should know how to get a mag loaded quick. My real interest is in whether the UpLula will actually seat the bullet in the clip. My $7 speed loader will push the loaded rounds down but after inserting a new round you still have to manually seat the round on top of the prior loaded round. If that makes sense. I mean to say after loading a round I still have to finish the job.
    They work! When you're done putting the last round in the mag it's ALL ready to go in the gun. I use it on both 9's & 45's.
    Mike W1
    NRA Benefactor Member
    Life Member Iowa Firearms Coalition

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffreyt View Post
    That's true for any magazine loader I have veer seen -- single stack or double stack. What loaders do is push down the rounds already in the tube to make room for you to insert the next round. They need a plunger or pusher of some kind, and while that's holding down the stack you obviously can't push the new round fully to the rear. I can't envision any way to automate pushing the new top round back after the plunger has been retracted.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others

Oh well . . .

I cant imagine a way to drive the current loaded bullet home either as the speedloader is in the way. But Im not an engineer so I thought I would inquire. Maybe my $7 one is fine. Thanks all...

Posts liked by others
    I have never found the single stack 1911 magazines hard to load. But I do use a Uplula on my H&K VP9 mags. They are hard to load and the lips are sharp. The Uplula makes this a breeze . It also works on my Glock, Sig, and Beretta double stack mags. So it's alot of bag for the buck.
    I have it for my Ar mags. Don't really need it for the Magpul mags, but is useful for the Aluminum ones. Thumbs get soar by the end of the day.
    These loaders are also awesome stocking stuffers for Christmas.

Posts liked by others
    I got an UpLula recently. It works, but I'm still too slow with it. Some guys use them to load so fast you'd swear a motor is involved somewhere in the process... so they work, but you need to find the right rhythm, so to speak...
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    Too slow for what?
    I can get seven in a 10x9mm magazine, then go to the UpLula for the last three. That saves a few seconds off the refill but is seldom necessary, since I commonly preload a dozen magazines at leisure before I go to a match or practice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast