Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Shooter's Guide to the 1911 - On Line Course

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Shooter's Guide to the 1911 - On Line Course

During one of my surfing sessions today I ran across this online course on 1911s at https://ed4online.com/enrichment-cou...a_bid=957dd7b2. This appears to be an online course so its obviously more academic than hands on shooting. To a newbie like me the course outline sounds interesting. Has anyone been through it?

Posts liked by others
    I did a quick scan of their outline. I didn't see anything in their "pay" course that isn't available on this forum or a few other websites for free.

Every person has their own way of learning, but I don't see the value in that course. Hang around here for a bit, read, and ask questions. I've been a 1911 user for over 20 years and along with the Colt factory armorers course, some of my best learning has been at this forum.
    "The 1911 was the design, given by God to us through John M. Browning, that represents the epitome of what a killing tool needs to be. It was true in 1911 and it's true now." - Col. Robert Coates commanding, U.S. Marine Corp Special Operations Command Detachment 1 (DET 1)

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by garrettwc View Post
    I did a quick scan of their outline. I didn't see anything in their "pay" course that isn't available on this forum or a few other websites for free.
    That seems to be the case these days. I never could find any pricing information and didn't want to send them an inquiry since my phone number was a mandatory field. If you can't answer me in an email forget it. Maybe I'll just borrow their outline and do the research myself. For the cost of a book it may have been worth it just to save time, but any more than that I'd probably skip it. I'm not really fond of on-line courses I'd rather take a class face to face with an instructor. Some times you miss out on stuff just researching on line. Better to talk to some one that does something you're interested in than trying to research it on your own (which is why I started coming here).

Thanks for looking at that. The more I had looked at the outline was thinking there really wasn't much if anything I couldn't find.
    Last edited by Warbirdnut; 22nd November 2016 at 23:27.