Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RIA Ultra CCO

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Posts liked by others
    Thanks. I appreciate the help.
    The ones listed show them to be out of stock or back ordered. But at least they are being shown on some websites.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by cf45 View Post
    In other words, could I buy a midsize frame and barrel for my CS rock and do the same thing? Or are there dimensional differences that would not make it possible.
    A midsize frame won't help you. If you start with a CS (Compact Size) pistol, you would need a mid-size slide and barrel to make it into a CCO.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    Well, you are of course correct. I had slide in my mind but apparently by the time it got to my fingers it came out frame.

Posts liked by others
    Yea, there were a few more that have shown up. I had the same issue with my RIA. The SKU did show up on a few websites eventually. Funny thing was it it never made it up on the Armscorp website. I thought that was kinda strange, but I was able to get the warranty registered and get them to provide a copy of the specs for the gun. The dealer I bought it from said it was a limited run. I assume that you've gone through their dealer page and located one you can go through?

Posts liked by others
    I really can't answer your question about putting a Cmdr size barrel and slide on an RIA Compact frame. I don't know if they would match up or not. I have a Citadel compact in 9mm but I don't have an RIA Cmdr (mid sized) slide and barrel to try it. The Colt parts fit like a glove. I was a little concerned when I paid as much for the Commander upper as I did. But I just removed the Compact upper and plugged in the Cmdr upper, took it out to my pasture range, loaded up and it has never failed to run. Good luck in your quest, projects like these are fun although they can be frustrating and expensive if they don't work out. I know because I have a drawer full of parts that didn't work out like I planned.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by galena View Post
    ... projects like these are fun although they can be frustrating and expensive if they don't work out. I know because I have a drawer full of parts that didn't work out like I planned.
    But half the fun is planning new projects around all those spare parts.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside
    Likes (1) :
    galena (21st November 2016)

Posts liked by others
    Here is a home-brew, built over the past 2 years. RIA Compact [officers] frame with Mid-Size [commander] 4.25" bull-barrel slide. I did the checkering myself. Finished in CeraCoat Tungsten and black. All EGW ignition parts, w/EGW controls, and S&A wedge MSH. I've changed the factory sights from these to Truglo, but haven't taken a new picture.

My RIA all steel CCO in .45acp- it can be done:

RIA CCO Left Full 3.jpg
    RIA CCO Right full 1 edited SN.jpg

I am happy, but acknowledge it could be better.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes (5) :
    galena (22nd November 2016), Gruntshooter (30th April 2017), paulw350 (14th July 2019), Pyrenean (21st November 2016), Warbirdnut (29th November 2016)

Last edited by bczrx; 21st November 2016 at 20:48.

Posts liked by others
    Nice work!

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Warbirdnut View Post
    I assume that you've gone through their dealer page and located one you can go through?
    I have checked. There are a few quite a distance away, but I have a friend who is an FFL and I am going to contact him to see what we can find. Thanks for the help.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast