Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

Dear members,
Please make sure the email address we have for you, is correct and valid.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Discussion thread for our E-zine article on "Thoughts on the 2016 U.S. Election"

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries

Discussion thread for our E-zine article on "Thoughts on the 2016 U.S. Election"

Please use this thread to discuss our E-zine article "Thoughts on the 2016 U.S. Election".

Thank you.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    A very factual, thoughtful, and well written article. Can't be said any better than what it written by Mr. Loomis.
    Likes (1) :
    John (6th December 2016)

Posts liked by others
    Excellent articular and "spot-on"!
    I plan to post a link to it on all of the forums that I am a member.

Thank you very much.
    "Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot
    Dominus Vobiscum . . . <))>(

Posts liked by others
    It would be helpful if someone would post a link to the article being discussed. I went to E-zine and found no links. I'm sure I must be doing something wrong?

Posts liked by others
    From the Home page www.m1911.org select The M1911.ORG E-zine then the "Latest Issues" menu near the top of this page and select
    Thoughts on the 2016 U.S. Election

Or one of the others as they are all good reading.

Posts liked by others
    If you found the e-zine cover page, the entire cover is a hot link. Click on it anywhere and it takes you to the index page for the current issue. The menus at the top will also take you to the entire collection of prior issues.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    Hawkmonn, thank you.

Posts liked by others
    I think the article was dead on. This year's election was a BIG factor in joining the NRA. I hope to take advantage of some of the training after the first of the year. Yea, some of it is a bit more expensive, but I think the credentials provided with the training may be beneficial for my daughter that is interested in ballistics.

Posts liked by others
    The NRA has its problems, but it is still the 800-pound gorilla in the room when politicians start talking about gun control. I encourage everyone who is at all interested in either guns, or the preservation of constitutional rights, to join the NRA.

Donald Trump has made a lot of noise about nationalizing concealed carry rights. We hope he will carry through on this, but we have to keep pressure on his to ensure that the issue doesn't get lost once he starts dealing with unimportant matters such as ISIS, Islamist terrorists inside the U.S., China and Russia each flexing their muscles militarily, and Iran and North Korea becoming nuclear powers. Those are all important, but so is making the constitutional "right" to keep and bear arms back into a right, rather than a privilege enjoyed only by citizens who live in certain states or jurisdictions but not available to citizens in other states or jurisdictions. Assuming Mr. Trump does try to follow through on this, we then need to keep the pressure on the Republicans in Congress to be sure they don't sell us out. They've done it before, so there's no reason to believe they won't do it again, unless we show them with barrage after barrage of calls, letters, and e-mails that if they don't act positively and decisively on this, they will suffer consequences in the next election.

We also need to educate ourselves on what is and what ISN'T being proposed. I was at the range this evening. Two of the staff were discussing the likelihood that Trump will enact "a national carry permit," with mandatory national training. According to these two geniuses, having a national carry permit linked to a national database is "the only way this can work."

How dumb can two supposedly pro-gun guys be? Mr. Trump has never -- not ONCE -- said anything about a "national permit." He has said that all states should honor permits issued by all other states. Period. That's all that's required. You have a permit from Alaska, and a cop sees you carrying in Florida.

"Do you have a permit to carry that firearm, Sir?"

"Yes, I do, Officer. Here it is."

"Thank you, Sir. have a nice day."

WHAT COULD BE SIMPLER? We need to keep the pressure on the lawmakers to ensure that they don't make it UNsimple. And we need to educate the "pro-gun" people among us who can't see their way clear to supporting this. I talked with one gentleman who is opposed to the whole idea because ... get ready ... he has a permit from his home state and he doesn't travel out of state, so "THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH THE EXISTING SYSTEM, SO WHY MESS WITH IT?"

As an old saying goes, "With friends like this, who needs enemies?"
    Last edited by Greywolf; 9th December 2016 at 19:59.

Posts liked by others

What could be simpler?

Universal Constitutional carry and do away with the unconstitutional permits, period.
    Likes (1) :
    garrettwc (10th December 2016)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast