Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: You guys who carry 2 or 3 magazines every day

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

thank you

you are so on point! And your comment "sights are for the uninformed" rings a loud bell. I am getting a little "over the hill" at this point. A bit out of shape. Slower... I have never tactically trained. Im not or ever have been a law enforcement official and I dont get in public or crowded settings too much. Maybe when I go to Walmart... but I see I would greatly up my chances if ever needed if I set into a program to optimize my skills and did it enough to assure myself these skills would dominate in stress filled situations.I have been looking on the net for tactical method in which the 1911 would shine. Point and shoot method seems like it is excluded and I simply have not run up on any apprach which lends itself to my situation. Even revolvers seem excluded form the point and shoot method unless one has very small hands. Any direction from an experienced shooter for me?Geoff in East TennesseeNO SPELL CHECK???

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffreyt View Post
    you are so on point! And your comment "sights are for the uninformed" rings a loud bell. I am getting a little "over the hill" at this point. A bit out of shape. Slower... I have never tactically trained. Im not or ever have been a law enforcement official and I dont get in public or crowded settings too much. Maybe when I go to Walmart... but I see I would greatly up my chances if ever needed if I set into a program to optimize my skills and did it enough to assure myself these skills would dominate in stress filled situations.I have been looking on the net for tactical method in which the 1911 would shine. Point and shoot method seems like it is excluded and I simply have not run up on any apprach which lends itself to my situation. Even revolvers seem excluded form the point and shoot method unless one has very small hands. Any direction from an experienced shooter for me?Geoff in East TennesseeNO SPELL CHECK???
    Ask and ye shall receive, my friend.

http://www.floridaconcealedcarry.com...Oct-29-30-2016

Be sure to take a look around at all the info in the training subforum.

http://guntipsandtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?46-Threat-Focused-Training
    "Sights are for the unenlightened."

Rick

IDPA Certified Safety Officer
    Last edited by Rick McC.; 21st November 2016 at 22:11.

Posts liked by others

thanks!

that's exactly what I wanted. I ran up on "Quick Kill". The post was written by an older man like me (65) and it suits him right he says. I'd say it does. Interesting stuff, and so simple any one should be able to aquire the skill. I say that, lets see how I do. Thanks again!
    Likes (1) :
    Rick McC. (2nd February 2019)

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffreyt View Post
    that's exactly what I wanted. I ran up on "Quick Kill". The post was written by an older man like me (65) and it suits him right he says. I'd say it does. Interesting stuff, and so simple any one should be able to aquire the skill. I say that, lets see how I do. Thanks again!
    Brownie (Robin Brown), who teaches the Threat Focused Pistol (TFP) course (along with other courses) has been my mentor for a few years now.

He's actually about 10 months younger than me, and I'll be 66 come January.

Brownie'll be down here next summer teaching a weekend h2h and blade training course at Lake Mary (indoor class) and he'll be back to teach the TFP course at Daytona at the Volusia Hunt and Gun Club one weekend in the fall.

If there's enough interest, he'll be teaching a one day Quick Kill Rifle course the day before (that Friday) the TFP course.

Next year may very well be the last year he comes to Florida to teach, and I plan on being at both the H2H/blade training, and the TFP course, as a participant. I took his Force on Force class last April, but haven't participated in a TFP course the last couple of years, as I was working as one of the Range Safety Officers (RSO's) in the last few classes.

I believe that Brownie has several videos on uTube under "Az Qkr."
    "Sights are for the unenlightened."

Rick

IDPA Certified Safety Officer
    Last edited by Rick McC.; 23rd November 2016 at 19:01.

Posts liked by others
    I recently found several original Colt mags loaded with ball ammo from the mid 70's. Pulled my Colt out of the safe from the same time period dispatched those rounds down range without a hiccup. The Mags and Colt performed flawlessly the rest of the range session.
    Likes (1) :
    Rick McC. (30th December 2016)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12