This month is basically my 3 month anniversary as a handgun/1911 owner. Today was my 5th time out to the range and was a day that I saw the benefits of dry fire practice. I thought I'd ask for some feedback on today's targets. So here is the first target of the day. This was at 7 yards.

CAM00032.jpg

So today started off with the first shot was just right of center. I nice way to start the day. During my dry fire practice, I've been working on vertical aliment. My groupings have moved from the 7 and 8 rings to the bulls-eye 9 rings (for the most part). Any suggestions on how to correct the shots that are landing to the left? I'm assuming that the issue is either my grip fingers squeezing the gun more while I pull the trigger or improper finger placement on the trigger. Now I'll mention that I really wasn't paying much attention to my right hand. But as you'll see in my next next post, placing my right thumb on top of the safety seemed to help pull the shots up and to the right to some degree. I'm thinking that I may be dealing with my grip fingers squeezing the gun a bit causing the shift to the left.