Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: This place has sure gone down the tubes

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Great to know... I'll get on Facebook and check it out!

Posts liked by others
    It's gone down the tube because I haven't been on here much.

Moved too far out in the sticks that I don't have the net anymore, until I come into town.

So what's up sweet people?
    If it isn't durable, it isn't reliable.
    Likes (5) :
    garrettwc (30th October 2016), gc70 (30th October 2016), Joni Lynn (19th November 2016), OD* (5th November 2016), Rick McC. (17th November 2016)

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by wichaka View Post

Moved too far out in the sticks that I don't have the net anymore, until I come into town.

You are one of the "Old Timers" that we are talking about and you have been missed. There's this thing called "satellite internet" you need to look into. You can access the internet from anyone on the planet. Even "far out in the sticks". Glad to see you are back. I hope you will stay and share some of your wisdom.
    Last edited by texagun; 31st October 2016 at 08:14.

Posts liked by others

Hi Wichaka,

I used to live way in the sticks. Now it's an apartment in town that I can't stand. We figured we needed to be around other children so the kids would have people to play with. That appears to have been a mistake; I've been suffocating for the past two years.

Anyway, I had to have internet access because of my business. You might take a look at a 3g/4g hotspot. I ran my 3g with a high-gain antenna and a Wilson cellular booster. This achieved slow DSL speeds, about 1.5mb/s, but it was plenty for what I needed it to do. (The shop was and is closer to town and was able to be wired up to slow DSL.)

I did try satellite internet but found it almost unbearable. Fun fact: When it's satellite internet, the distances involved are greater, and the speed of light becomes a limiting factor. Combine that pesky Einsteinian absolute with ISP throttling and it makes for an irritating experience.

Regards,

Josh

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Josh, got it and responded already!
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    WICHAKA my brother!!!! How nice to see you here again!?!?!?! We missed you!!!
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others

Howdy, Steve, long time no see.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." - Jeff Cooper

Posts liked by others
    Probably also because now there are too many forums.
    Guns enthusiasts tend to take part to one or maybe two different forums at the most.
    IMHO
    Originality can't be restored, so put "originality" at the top of a priority list. If JMB didn't put it on the 1911 you don't need it.
    Likes (1) :
    Warbirdnut (7th November 2016)

Posts liked by others
    Having done some moderation of message boards many years ago (back when modems were popular), it is a balancing act to provide the right number of forums. Too many forums make it harder to find the post. Too may forums and its hard to know where to post. Especially when things could actually go in more than one forum.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by garrettwc View Post
    The mobile version of vbulletin is kind of wonky. I usually scroll to the bottom of the page and click the "full site" link and then browse normally, just on a smaller screen.
    Me too. I much prefer the full site look and operation when on my iPhone.
    "Sights are for the unenlightened."

Rick

IDPA Certified Safety Officer

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast