Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Went to a gun show earlier this morning...

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Went to a gun show earlier this morning...

Here in the Richmond, VA area there is a gun show this weekend up in Doswell, VA (up I-95 by King's Dominion amusement park. It's held at the VA State Fairgrounds just down the road).

I went there just to go and observe.... Here's some very surprising facts and/or opinions:
    (1) The place wasn't mobbed. No line at all. I walked right in.
    (2) There wasn't a "panic buying spree" or anything like that.
    (3) Ammo prices were sky high for some reason.
    ....a) Excuse me? $35 bucks for Federal FMJ .45ACP?
    ....b) WalMart has Winchester FMJ .45ACP for $19 bucks!
    4) The other section/room of the gun show was rather interesting if you ask me: Zombie apocalypse type of stuff... Survival and tactical gear... MRE's... Water purifier chemicals... Cantines and sterno cans and even medical/surgical bags like on M*A*S*H. And the patrons in there were a little "out there" if you get my drift... Sheesh... Seriously, dude?

But the main reason for this post (hopefully the Mods won't mind me combining topics), and the best part of going to the show?!?

Talk about "finding a needle in a haystack"!!!
    Used full size LEFT HANDED 1911 holster by Safariland (An older model 328)!!!
    Price: $20 bucks....
    :rock:

I had brought my new RIA 1911-A1 FS "Rock Series" with me, (and a State Police officer put a zip tie through the chamber). Anyway, the guy cut the zip tie and then he and I test fitted it in the Safariland 328, and it fit like a glove. The older model 328 was for a common, universal flavor, 1911 with a 5" barrel. Can't beat that at all for $20 bucks!!

Posts liked by others
    Great find, if you needed/wanted one.
    "Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot
    Dominus Vobiscum . . . <))>(
    Likes (1) :
    ButchA (22nd October 2016)

Posts liked by others
    Thanks... Yeah, I needed a 1911 lefty holster, and didn't feel like spending $$$$ on a custom, handmade, one off the internet. I went to the gun show just to nose around and report on what I saw. When I stumbled upon the old Safariland lefty holster, I snatched it up quickly!

Posts liked by others
    I'm not questioning that this holster fits your 1911 well, but judging by the molding on the side, I'm pretty sure it's a holster for a Sig-Sauer P226, not a 1911.
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter
    Likes (1) :
    ButchA (23rd October 2016)

Posts liked by others
    Oh... It's for a Sig Sauer P226? I didn't know that, as a lot of the markings were worn on the reverse side, but it does say "Safariland 328-77" and "Patented 905" or something like that. The guy at the show and I tried my RIA 1911 in it and it fit the holster fine. It was only $20 bucks, so what the heck... It'll work...

Posts liked by others
    Do an internet search for Sig226, and find a picture of the left side of the gun, preferably an early one, without the railed frame. I'm sure the little details in the bends of the leather will show you what I mean. I'd post a picture but I'm typing on a phone at the moment...

But as you say if it works with your pistol, you got a bargain for 20$!
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    You mean like this?

All I know is that it fit my RIA 1911. It's not extremely tight where I can't draw easily, but then again, it doesn't flop around in the holster either. It's a bargain for $20 bucks!

Posts liked by others
    Nice if it works, why not?! Especially for the price. I probably should start looking for a holster at some point. I figure I can put that one off until I get my CHL. So I've done a bit of research on carrying my 1911. From what I've read, you've got to clean the gun a bit more if you carry with some sort of frequency. What material would be good for a concealed holster?

Posts liked by others
    Leather or kydex are typically the best choices.

We have a very nice Holster Picture thread at the top of this sub forum that will give you some ideas.

Holster Picture Thread http://forum.m1911.org/showthread.ph...icture-Thread-!