Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New 1911 adoption

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

New 1911 adoption

I recently was presented with the opportunity to own this Jeremy Reid custom Colt.
    The level of the workmanship is just outstanding, there's no better way to describe it. The fitting on the grip safety is equally as outstanding. The photos are the ones Mr Reid used a year ago when showing this one off to the world.

It goes along quite well with this one from Lou at Business End Custom

This photo was taken and used by Lou to showcase this very wonderful work of shootable art.

I think I should stop for awhile at this point.
    Both of these guns are examples of some of the finest 1911 'smiths work.
    Lynnie, "Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal. "
    - Albert Camus
    Likes (2) :
    Pyrenean (11th October 2016), woolieworm (11th October 2016)

Last edited by Joni Lynn; 12th October 2016 at 10:15.

Posts liked by others
    Very nice. Would that I could afford one.
    " I'm your huckelberry".

Posts liked by others
    Art is Art. What a collection you must have.

RayC

Posts liked by others
    <Gulp>

I had to look three times at the picture of that grip safety, before I saw the line. I'd been meaning to ask if the tang was welded to the frame and the grip safety was somehow separate from it, below! Absolutely astounding. The rest of it is stunning, too. We're eagerly expecting a shooting report!

The other one looks rather nice, too. Although, as a Greek I'm a bit turned off by the fake Greek column underneath, the break in which reveals it's just gypsum... but that's me being picky.
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    Thanks, I didn't take the original photos of either these. The ceracoated gun on the bottom has perhaps the best fit and blend of a grip safety that I have ever seen. The other one is outstanding but the black is still a cut above. They've been fun at the range and shown 100% reliability with good accuracy.
    Lynnie, "Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal. "
    - Albert Camus
    Last edited by Joni Lynn; 12th October 2016 at 17:54.

Posts liked by others
    Congrats, Joni; damm!

That is indeed perfection...
    "Sights are for the unenlightened."

Rick

IDPA Certified Safety Officer

Posts liked by others
    Thanks. I had both out to the range this last week and had a great time with both of them. Both of the pistolsmiths did outstanding work on those.
    - Albert Camus
    Likes (2) :
    ncviking (20th November 2016), Warbirdnut (20th November 2016)

Posts liked by others
    Those are two fine looking 1911s. I'm a bit partial towards the Colt.
    Last edited by Warbirdnut; 20th November 2016 at 21:54.

Posts liked by others
    Thanks. I've both to the range several times and it would be hard to choose one over the other. The level of workmanship on these is amazing.
    - Albert Camus

Posts liked by others
    Congrats on your new aquisition!
    Originality can't be restored, so put "originality" at the top of a priority list. If JMB didn't put it on the 1911 you don't need it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast