Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who has carried an M1911A1 in uniform? Part III

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by digada View Post
    I went to radio school at fort Knox Kentucky in 1970 and saw a lot of tanks there. I had guard duty in Germany once and drove a tank about 10 feet forward and backed it back up, so technically, I have driven a tank! Learned my Morse code there and got out of there to fort Gordon for RTT and got in the ASA there as well. I hope they never find out about that tank.
    Have a great day,
    digada
    I had both basic and Armor AIT at Ft. Knox in '73. The M1911A1 and .45 acp "grease gun" were our issued personal weapons.

I qualified expert with the 1911A1 in basic. I'd never really shot pistols much before, but it seemed to fit me just right.

I continued to carry a 1911 daily for over 25 years, until recent societal conditions seemed to indicate the carry of hi-cap pistols and multiple hi-cap reloads more prudent.

I still own several 1911's, and they are my hands down all time favorite pistols!
    "Sights are for the unenlightened."

Rick

IDPA Certified Safety Officer
    Likes (1) :
    Story (5th May 2022)

Posts liked by others
    My Colt Combat Commander has been my constant companion for over 40 years, both during my 20 year law enforcement career and in retirement.
    N.R.A. BENEFACTOR MEMBER
    ILLINOIS STATE RIFLE ASSOCIATION MEMBER
    Likes (1) :
    Rick McC. (13th May 2022)

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntxwheels View Post
    I carried on in both the Military and Law Enforcement. And I continue to carry even now. The 1911 has been my trusted companion for going on 50 years.
    I can't say that is my testimony. But I can say now that I have it, there is no going back.

Posts liked by others
    I carried one from 1967-68 in Nam. I was brown water Navy.
    Likes (1) :

Posts liked by others
    I first qualified with the 1911 at old Camp Mathews in January 1958 and carried this pistol for 4 more years. My last duty station was 2 years at MCRD Parris Island working as coach/instructor training recruits to use this weapon.

Regards
    Likes (1) :

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12