Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Valor or other DW in 9mm

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Valor or other DW in 9mm

I'm considering a Valor in 9mm. Any thoughts? Anyone shooting a DW in 9mm that can comment on reliability?

Open ended questions I know. Just trying to get a feel for want I might be getting into.

Thanks

Jim

Posts liked by others
    Had a chance to handle a Valor at Cabelas over the weekend. Black, 45, nice gun. There was an Ed Brown Special Forces next to it; the Valor was equally as nice.

I'd still like to hear from DW 9mm owners.

Thanks,

Jim

Posts liked by others
    I have a 9mm Guardian. So far so good. Fit and finish is excellent, and only a couple of FTE while I break it in.
    Im happy with the quality and am sure I would and WILL by another DW. Had a couple of revolvers in the past
    and nothing NOT to like about them.
    "The great object is that every man be armed..."
    Patrick Henry, June 5, 1778

NRA Patron Life Member
    USCG Veteran

Posts liked by others
    I have the ECO 9mm & besides some issues during the break in period (first 200 rounds had numerous jams) this gun has been flawless up to date with over 3K rounds thru it & has become my every day ccw.

Posts liked by others
    Just purchased a Silverback in 9 mm. Lubed it up with Wilson Ultima Lube Universal and it ate up 60 rounds of Blazer Brass 9 mm without a hitch.

I plan on running another 60 to 100 rounds through it this week and no I'm not planning on cleaning it for a least a few hundred rounds.

Posts liked by others
    Congrats on a nice pistol!

Posts liked by others
    It's been a while since I've posted, had computer problems.

I didn't purchase the Valor, elected not to but a friend did buy one. SS, 9mm, gov't gun. Very nice, shoots well and one of the better builds that I've seen. I think DW is doing a great job and would certainly go to DW when I decide on another 9mm 1911.

Jim