Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hodgdon Titegroup Works OK with 185 grain bullets

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    I still have not found all my old load books. Don't remember having any feed problem at all. I'll get into it tomorrow now that I've caught up on some honey dos.......

Posts liked by others
    I've been using Titegroup for the past 15 years or so, and I have been impressed with it. I normally load a 230grn Berry's plated or Zero hardball over 4.8 grains of Titegroup at a COL of 1.266, which makes for a nice shooting round with good accuracy. Right around 750fps. I would like to give 185grn a try. The pic below is 50 rounds on each target at 10 yards with no sights with my Titegroup reloads. More of a testament to the gun and my reloads, rather than skill

IMG076.jpg

Posts liked by others
    I also like Titegroup for the way it meters and burns. I have been using Hunters Supply 230 grain LRN with 4.0 grains of powder and a COL of 1.243. I have found accuracy to be good and it has a light recoil. It also cycles my .45 with no issues.

Posts liked by others
    Hawkmoon I finally dug up the right book. That COL came straight out of Modern Reloading. At the time I don't recall any load info on Berry's web site. I had no experience with plated bullets, or hollow base projectiles for that matter. I was concerned with the hollow base deforming under a factory crimp and messing up ballistics along with everything else. There are lots of loads listed with COL shorter than 1.215" so I didn't even give it a second thought. Now that I've got access to a good range again I plan on working up some accuracy loads for this one.
    "Sometimes the wolfs are quite and the moon howls"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12