Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First 1911.....Kimber TLE 11

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

First 1911.....Kimber TLE 11

Hi guys!
    I'm new here.
    Finally decided to venture into the world of 1911s for the first time.......
    I think I've made a good choice with the Kimber TLE 11 stainless.
    We'll see.......it hasn't arrived yet.
    Any of you own this firearm?

Posts liked by others
    My first Kimber was a TLE II, back in '05 or so.

I bought a few more kimbers before I got off the kool-aid; but I will say that TLE was the best of the bunch.
    "Sights are for the unenlightened."

Rick

IDPA Certified Safety Officer

Posts liked by others
    "before I got off the kool-aid".........What do you mean?

Posts liked by others
    BTW.......a month later and I'm STILL waiting for it!!!!
    Hopefully this week.

Posts liked by others
    BTW.......a month later and I'm STILL waiting for it!!!! Wow thats different. Dont have a TLE II but ordered my UCC from a place in Virginia Beach and it arrived at my LGS in a few days. Hope it gets there and you can enjoy it. My Ultra shoots extremely accurate and eats everything I feed it. It is my carry choice and to get there it had to be reliable. Congrats and good shooting!
    NRA Life Member
    USN 75-84

Posts liked by others
    My first Kimber (went up to three Kimbers, now down to one) was a non-stainless 5" TLE II.
    I no longer own it, but it was good.
    For 1911s,
    Owned eight, over the years; now down to three.

Posts liked by others
    I actually just picked up one of these. And in doing so, it was something that I really didn't think I'd ever do again...buy a Kimber. That said, I kind of want to like this one. It has everything that I want in a 1911 (although it does have the stupid FPS). I must say I like the little changes that they made to the TLE for 2016 (VZ Operator grips, steel mainspring housing and flattened top of the slide, though serrating it would have been a nice touch too). I'm going to give this gun 250 rounds to prove itself. If it has a single choke in that 250 rounds, it's getting sold and I'm ordering another TRP.

Posts liked by others
    I took a quick range trip on my lunch break today and put my first 50 problem free rounds through my new Custom TLE II. I was pleasantly surprised as my Royal II and Eclipse II both choked within the first 50 rounds. And it worked with the junk factory included mag.

Posts liked by others
    I have a TLE II Stainless as well, and have had it for....gosh...must be 8 years or so? It is my only Kimber, but it is the one I shoot best. I changed recoil springs last year, used Wolf 16lb. Otherwise, it always goes bang, no hiccups. The weapon has everything I need, nothing I don't. Mine is somewhat magazine sensitive, and does best with Kim Pro Tac mags. They are a little on the expensive side, but as it is my carry gun, the peace of mind makes it worth it. Hope this helps, and good luck with your Kimber.

Wade

Posts liked by others
    I bought a TLE Stainless II about a month ago. I just picked it up from the gunsmith tonight after having a Tactical II trigger kit installed. It shoots a heckuva lot better than I do now!
    333 - I'm only half bad.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast