Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

Dear members,
Please make sure the email address we have for you, is correct and valid.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from Brownells, Cabela's, TandemKros or Tekmat, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Also, don't forget to visit our other sponsors sites, click-throughs are appreciated by our advertisers. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2016 Colt lightweight Commander

Posts liked by others
    Wolff does not seem to like dual springs. Their solution for the Colt 10mm Delta which for years has come standard with two springs and a special "Delron?" guide rod is a single 23lb spring with the normal steel Colt Gov. guide rod. Here is my 1990 Delta Gold Cup showing the original Colt parts.

And of course Wolff has a single spring solution for the Colt Officers model..... oh sorry Colt OFFICERS ACP model and one end is smaller than the other to accommodate the smaller guide rod. Here is the Wolff spring in a 2000 Colt Compact I found in a LGS back about 2015. It had an aftermarket trigger in it that bothered my finger so I fit another aftermarket trigger from Cylinder and Slide. Anyway note the Wolff Spring in the picture.

For finding the dual springs for a new Colt Commander look at this thread on another forum..........

https://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=914242

You can also call Colt and verify those numbers I guess. Anyway I would then call Brownells and see if they think they will ever get those part numbers in and to put your email on their list so than can notify you when they do. I have not done that yet but have bought a few of the Colt rail gun dual springs and that smaller guide rod from Brownells but just kept going out to their website and looking every week or so till they got them in.
    NRA Life Member

Posts liked by others
    I traded my 04840WC and replaced it with a new 2016 04840XE.

It was my understanding that the XE guide rod/dual spring will directly replace the WC guide rod/single spring
    At that time, when the XE came out, spare parts for the XE weren't available as yet. It was my intention to upgrade the WC.

Posts liked by others
    I think the right name for the material is 'Delrin', which I suspect is just a form of nylon.
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    Delrin is a brand of acetal resin. Nylon(s) is one of several polyamids. Different chemistry.

Posts liked by others
    Really? Interesting, I've always assumed that nylon was a type of resin.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    It is, but it is a different type of resin from Delrin.

Look it up on Wiki, I am 50 years from my brief foray into the Nylon industry.

Posts liked by others
    Thanks, I learn something new every day.

Thinking it through a bit better, clearly they wouldn't have used just nylon as a guide rod for the Delta, or it would probably have a similar life span to nylon recoil buffers.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    Actually, it kind of did. I think the plastic recoil spring guide in the Delta was considered a wear part.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12