Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colt/Clark Long Heavy Slide .45

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Colt/Clark Long Heavy Slide .45

Hello,
    I have just added this pistol my collection. I thought I would share. I'm familiar with Jim Clark Sr's work as I also own a Colt Clark .38 Special Kit Gun. This is my first experiance at owning/shooting a long slide. I know these pistols were made for light semi wadcutters and I must say this one is sure a nice shooter. 4.0g of WST under a 200g SWC is giving me superb accuracy at 20 yards. Located in a small gun shop on consignment, it was very lightly used. The underside of the slide is dated 8 78 (Aug 1978) and also the last 3 digits of the serial#. Another classic bullseye pistol from days gone by.

Posts liked by others
    There is a piece of history that will be fun to shoot. Hope that you get to enjoy it. Looks mighty nice, Too.

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    I can't see the pictures.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others

Fixed the pic's

Here it is. Not sure what happened to the pic's in my first post.

Likes (2) :
    pendennis (7th May 2016), t-bird (24th April 2016)

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    That's a beautiful custom pistol! So I moved this thread to the Custom Pistols forum.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC

Posts liked by others
    A couple years ago I posted on the "Clark Custom" thread regarding my interest in the Clark longslide guns. I never really thought that I would ever see one, much less acquire one. But that has all changed. Last Tuesday my brother was taking me to his house after I had a consultation at Cleveland Clinic. We were feeling pretty good about the good report I received from them, so we decided to take the scenic route back his house. We came across a little gun shop in a small strip plaza and went inside, and there it was. In the second case was a Clark heavy longslide gun just like the one pictured above, plus the shop had the original pouch from Clark Custom Guns. The proprietor seemed to appreciate that I knew who Jim Clark was, and after I got through drooling (according to my brother), we found a bank and got the money and bought the gun. I'm now waiting for it to be delivered to my local shop, but I can tell you it is really gorgeous and I am looking forward to taking it out for competition now that I've retired and have the time to do it again. Sometimes dreams do come true.

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    You do of course know that we require lots of pictures of your new toy!!!
    John Caradimas SV1CEC

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    You do of course know that we require lots of pictures of your new toy!!!
    DSCN0106[1].jpg
    Hello everybody, here it is. I hope my pictures will do it justice.DSCN0104[1].jpgDSCN0101[1].jpg
    DSCN0105[1].jpg
    Likes (1) :
    hotrod1984s10 (7th May 2016)

Posts liked by others
    Looks good!. What is the build date? (found on the bottom of the slide). Can you post a pic of the muzzle? Interesting that the trigger window is shielded on the right side. I've never seen that before. Also I'm wondering why the mismatched stocks? Herretts on the left side and OEM Colt on the right.
    They are lovely pistols to shoot, I was shooting mine this morning. Could your pistol be built from a Gold Cup? On mine, I can just make out the slide marking under the "Clark" address and mine is a Government Model.
    Last edited by hotrod1984s10; 7th May 2016 at 21:19. Reason: Spelling

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod1984s10 View Post
    Looks good!. What is the build date? (found on the bottom of the slide). Can you post a pic of the muzzle? Interesting that the trigger window is shielded on the right side. I've never seen that before. Also I'm wondering why the mismatched stocks? Herretts on the left side and OEM Colt on the right.
    They are lovely pistols to shoot, I was shooting mine this morning. Could your pistol be built from a Gold Cup? On mine, I can just make out the slide marking under the "Clark" address and mine is a Government Model.
    Thank you for the kind words. I checked the serial number in my Colt book and it was a regular Series 70 Government Model from 1972. I forgot to add the attached picture of the pouch that came with it. Acquiring this gun was a celebration of the good news I received from my consultation at Cleveland Clinic.
    DSCN0108[1].jpg

DSCN0108[1].jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast