Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Value? Exercito Brasileiro (Colt Slide on Federal Ordnance Frame)

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Value? Exercito Brasileiro (Colt Slide on Federal Ordnance Frame)

Hello.

Can you fine folks give me a ball park estimate of the current market value of this gun? It's got a Colt Slide #11127 on a Federal Ordnance frame #F0524X. Looks to have upgraded beaver tail, hammer, full length guide rod and trigger. Slide is marked Exercito Brasileiro 11127, 1940 with a star crest on one side and Colt PTFA MFG Co Harford, CT U.S.A, Paten No . . . . , CAL .45 AUTOMATIC on the other side.Seems to function well with ball ammo, not so good with semi wadcutter cast reloads.

Thanks in advance.
    0220161330.jpg0220161330a.jpg0220161331 (1).jpg0220161333.jpg

Posts liked by others
    The slide is interesting. It is off of one of 14500 pistols bought by Brazil before WWII. After the war they tooled up to make their own at Itajuba. A lot of both Colt and Imbel slides were dumped on the surplus market when Brazil went 9mm because they converted .45s before tooling up to make Beretta types.
    The number on top is a Brazilian issue number and does not correspond with the original Colt serial number which would have been in the C-200000 range.

On the other hand, the receiver is a Federal Ordnance aftermarket item. They and Essex provided inexpensive frames which were assembled into complete guns with all manner of surplus parts. Slide markings can get people excited until they realize it is a parts gun. Resale value is not great, especially since it was not built well enough to handle SWCs. Maybe about like a used Filipino copy in the same condition.

Posts liked by others
    Well, now we know there are two of those slides in the U.S...Mine is #-9491, but it's on a Caspian frame.. Mine is parkerized as original; yours looks like a couple shades(maybe from camera flash?).. Lots of rounds thru mine and no problems. Picked it up at a gunshow in the 80's I guess.
    "Carry the battle to them.Don't let them bring it to you.Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything"-Harry S. Truman

Posts liked by others
    OH, and for all the people wondering-- mine has original ejection port AND "hardly" ever dings the brass and always ejects just fine..Thanks to numerous readings of m1911 posts!!!!!!!!
    "Carry the battle to them.Don't let them bring it to you.Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything"-Harry S. Truman
    Likes (1) :
    John (21st April 2016)

Posts liked by others
    I would estimate $250 or so.