Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: My RIA 10mm Tactical ll vs my EAA Witness P .45 Opinion and Range Report

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

My RIA 10mm Tactical ll vs my EAA Witness P .45 Opinion and Range Report

I recently purchased a used Rock Island Armory Tactical ll in 10mm. I got into this sport about a year ago. I had purchased an EAA Witness P as one of the first in my collection. It came with the .45 slide/barrel/rod and spring along with the slide/barrel/rod and springs in 9mm and .40 S&W. It's basically three guns in one. That is why I bought it.

I've wanted to compare the RIA 10mm and Witness .45 so I took them both to where I shoot. I shot the RIA first. The circled holes in the target pics are the 10mm. The head-shots seem like I missed circling one 10mm as the round count is off.

It seems like I do a bit better with the Witness. This may be attributed to the fact I've put a lot more rounds through it. I guess I'll have to take the Rock Island more often to equal the round count out.

Felt recoil is about equal between the two.

Yes, I know I'm a bit to the left. I'm trying to work on that part. I am fairly certain both of these pistols are more accurate than I am at this time.

RIA Witness 004.jpgRIA Witness 002.jpgRIA Witness 003.jpg
    Last edited by DPNM1A; 13th February 2016 at 07:59.

Posts liked by others
    You are not much to the left, try using a little less trigger finger. In other words do not put so much of your finger on the trigger.

Posts liked by others
    Thanks Dave. I have been trying to use the pad between the tip and the first joint. I plan to take the 10mm shooting tomorrow and I am going to make a conscience effort to make sure I have a good (and consistent) grip. I think that is where I may be having an issue. If I make it to the range tomorrow I'll post how it went.