Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Redding micro adjustable taper crimp die

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    I'll have to look into the dual ring sizing die...never heard of that one from Redding.

Barefooter as in behind a boat?

Posts liked by others
    Yep. Behind a boat! Redding came out with the dual -ring dies about 2 years ago. Great sizing die! Two different size carbide rings so your not mashing the whole length of the case down to just one size.
    Take care,
    Phil Hoham
    Berger Bullet Tech

Posts liked by others
    Never footed it, just a ski and wakeboard.

I'll look up Berger bullets too, never payed me much attention.

Posts liked by others
    Never wake boarded. Basically slalom , trick, and Jump. Even skied on canoe paddles and pie pans Lol! Take a look at our bullets and please feel free to contact me if you have any questions!
    Take care,
    Phil Hoham
    Berger Bullet Tech

Posts liked by others
    Use a taper crimp die. Roll crimps are for revolvers ONLY! Measure the crimp at the case mouth...tricky, but once you get the hang of it....no problem. The case mouth should measure 0.471"- 0.472" Andy less and you will deform the bullet. If you are loading jacketed, pull a bullet after crimping. You should see a very faint ring where tie case mouth is contacting the bullet. That is all you need as neck tension will do most of the work in preventing bullets setback. And after you get that, your crimp will usually measure in the .0471-0.473 area. And yes, crimping in a separate step will make your loads more uniform. Get a Dillon crimp die! They last the longest and are easier to clean without changing adjustment! I have worn out the crimp sleeve in Lee Factory crimp dies...they done use a hard enough steel.
    There are no accidents; only ignorance, mechanical failure, and acts of God! I have loaded over 6 million rounds in the last 7 years and STILL have not seen it all!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123