Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My last remaining Sistema Colt...

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

My last remaining Sistema Colt...

Got this one from SARCO Inc several years ago...Drove to the Easton, PA store and picked 2 of them from several they had on display. Both were well used and showed little finish, but they were about $340 each, so I got 2 of them. This one has a GREAT trigger, so I cleaned it up, replaced the recoil spring and plug, and the firing pin spring, stop and the pin itself, and replaced the worn grips with the brown composition grips as seen...Mag is whatever I had...they all work in this pistol.

This one has been TOTALLY reliable and extremely accurate. I have been selling off my guns because of advancing age, and this is my last 1911 type, but it's staying here.
    Likes (1) :
    NORMSUTTON (13th April 2016)

Posts liked by others
    It looks great, definitely a keeper. Did you refinish it?
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter
    Likes (1) :
    dogngun (6th January 2016)

Posts liked by others
    That logo for one of the last Sistemas.
    Likes (1) :
    dogngun (6th January 2016)

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyros View Post
    It looks great, definitely a keeper. Did you refinish it?
    Took some spots of brown off and gave it a VERY light Birchwood Casey paste blue, just to even it out a little. This thing really shoots...Could not believe it. Still the factory barrel, too.
    I have it in a Vietnam era black US flap holster..seems right at home. My second last .45 ACP pistol - the other one is Star Firestar Compact.

Posts liked by others
    The 1927 Argentines are, IMO, as good as it gets in a GI model 1911A1. Mine is like the OP's... accurate and as reliable as any 1911 I've ever shot.
    Likes (1) :
    dogngun (8th January 2016)

Posts liked by others
    Many decades ago these were cheap then the prices soared. Colt made it.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911crazy View Post
    Many decades ago these were cheap then the prices soared. Colt made it.
    No they didn't. This is an Argentine 'Sistema Colt'. Not a commercial Colt sent to Argentina.
    M. Setter
    Likes (1) :
    dogngun (8th January 2016)

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyros View Post
    No they didn't. This is an Argentine 'Sistema Colt'. Not a commercial Colt sent to Argentina.
    Spyros is right. Colt sold the machinery and the rights to make these pistols to Argentina and they were made there as Sistema Colt pistols...Colt "system" or type, made under Colt license.
    I started shooting the 1911 in the Vietnam era, and the two most reliable and accurate pistols of that type I have ever fired are my just sold Charles Daly / Armscor and this one. I decided o keep this one because it is true to the old original.

I'm going on 69 years old and taking this one along into my old age.

And, Spyros, it resembles your logo here, which I just realized... This one cost around $350 when I drove over to SARCO a few years ago to look around.
    Last edited by dogngun; 8th January 2016 at 08:42.

Posts liked by others
    My logo is from an early M1911, once posted by Scott Gahimer, used with his permission. Later I tried photographing the same logo as re-introduced briefly by Colt, in its centennial reproductions, but none of my photos were as good as Scott's, so...
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    Yep, manufactured in Argentina and as well made as anything Colt turned out in Hartford. The quality control seems to have been outstanding.
    Likes (1) :
    dogngun (14th June 2016)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast