Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Carrying four magazines?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    On duty I carry four spare eight rounders on my belt. Dressed in civies I carry two sprares. The reason I carry four on duty is I work alone and any backup I get is probably 45 minutes away at best, so I’ll be completely on my own until then. Away from work I won’t be engaging in any full scale operations, simply being able to get out/away from a threat will suit me very well.

Posts liked by others
    40 rounds of 45 is nice, but at almost five pounds too much for my hips.

IMG_1276.jpg
    Likes (1) :
    Johns961 (14th November 2017)

Posts liked by others
    I have to agree with you there. 4 spares, 26” ASP, Tazer, and two sets of cuffs are taking their toll on my hips and knees.

Posts liked by others
    Carry as much as you are able and feel the need for and can conceal. You are carrying a gun - it is only good for as long as you have ammunition. Many people carry a G19 and one spare mag - when you have 8 round mags you need more than one extra to be comparable.

Posts liked by others
    well for those of you who feel you must carry enough ammo to actively engage In a fire fight with multiple attackers just get a Glock 21, a backpack then fill the back pack with these

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/magex-g21-45-acp-25-rounds-810237023747.do?sortby=ourPicks&refType=&from=Sear ch&ecList=6&ecCategory=
    All right, those of you not expecting to be In the world of the walking dead anytime soon these would be more practical for a spare mag.
    https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/prod...=6&ecCategory=

Posts liked by others
    I carry two spares. When I went to buy a new mag carrier, I was after a single, but the dual was very attractive and priced really well. So I bought it and an additional magazine.

That's 29 rounds total.

Regards,

Josh
    Likes (1) :
    PolyKahr (21st November 2017)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234