Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pm9

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Thanks. At this point I'm going to wait and see what is new for 2016.
    Lynnie, "Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal. "
    - Albert Camus

Posts liked by others
    I just recently bought a Para Expert 9. Far better made piece than I thought it would be. I am going to put an adjustable rear sight on it. There are some great 1911s out there at very reasonable prices.. Do a good deal of research before you plunk down your hard earned cash..

Posts liked by others
    You know how plans always change? With Ruger introducing the new GP100 in 22lr with a ten shot cylinder, that is now one of my next two adoptions. The other is probably going to be a Guncrafter Industries No Name Gov't. The 9mm 1911 will have to wait for awhile.
    Thanks to all!
    Lynnie, "Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal. "
    - Albert Camus

Posts liked by others
    If you have the budget for a Guncrafter Noname, I would take a serious look at a Volkmann Precision... Luke's guns are as good as it gets. You can have it exactly the way you want it and better.. That would be my choice.

Posts liked by others
    Thanks, I may look into one of those some day.
    - Albert Camus
    Last edited by Joni Lynn; 20th December 2015 at 15:04.

Posts liked by others
    I only have 1- 9mm 1911 it is a Colt Commander, very nice pistol, commander size and 9mm seem to go well together.

Posts liked by others
    I got a new PM 9 about 3 months ago. It's one of my favorite 1911s to date. If you haven't yet, pick one up and work the slide, I haven't seen anything like it. Ever. Very light perceived recoil, and the only glitch was a FTRTB from me being so much smarter than DW, ignoring their break-in instructions, and slathering it with a big dollop of Brian Enos's red lube. I kind of freaked out, field stripped it and wiped the goo off, lightly oiled it and no more hiccuping.
    The PM had some early problems but DW is supposed to have fixed them. Break in instructions are to shoot 50, strip, clean, oil, rinse & repeat for 300-500 rounds. I shot mine really wet and starting around 150 I went to cleaning every 100 rounds and splashing oil liberally. The shooter's grease thing came at Round 807.
    The spring is Whoa, Dude! light, I think around 10 lbs, which made the slide hold open. Some PM 9 shooters transition to heavier springs but I've not had any FTF issues and I love that light recoil spring.
    If I were changing anything, I'd swap the adjustable rear for a 10-8 and the front for an illuminated post. That's my single complaint, and not major.
    DESCENSUS IN CUNICULI CAVUM

Posts liked by others
    I own a PM-9 and I think it is every bit as good as the Nighthawk I own and I suspect the Wilson Combat and Les Baer that I don't. You know the story: the customs start with a billet of steel and machine down until they hand fit the final. Nighthawk sums it up as "one gunsmith one gun. " Dan Wesson starts with mass produced pieces machined down to very close tolerances and then a gunsmith hand fits. Call it "semi-custom." They do a darn good job of it too, and you won't mind the extra grand or two it keeps in your bank account. I love my custom, but the PM-9 is a joy to shoot and own as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12