Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: New Guy Which WC?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

New Guy Which WC?

I have opportunity to buy either a WC Tactical Carry or CQB Elite in SS. (.45ACP) Both have some scratches on slides from a robbery gone wrong at a friend of mines LGS. So both are significantly discounted from retail prices. But still NIB purchases. I have never bought or thought I would buy a high end 1911. The heavy discount makes this a no brainier though...IMO. I am not at all new to guns or lower end 1911s.
    My use will be range, home, plinking. Possibly USPSA. The Tactical Carry has a few more upgrades. Both are the same price. I like both a lot. Of course whats not to like. Any help/ advice would be appreciated. I have put a significant downpayment on 1 to hold one for 48 hours.. by Friday night I need to pick one... or sooner if he gets another buyer. I was hoping to get some advice/ opinions as to which one to buy.
    I have a couple of pics but not sure if I am too new to post. Thx in advance.

Mike

Posts liked by others
    For me, it's gotta be the Tactical Carry.
    Beauty is skin deep but ugly goes right to the bone.

Posts liked by others
    My personal choice, if 'Carry' means the gun has a bushingless 4" barrel, would be to get the full-size CQB, since I don't like those short barrels. Again, personal choice.

AND, since the CQB is stainless, I would give Wilson a call and ask how much it would cost to ship them the slide so they can give it a blast, to make those scratches go away. You could do the same locally too, but it might not be that much more expensive to let Wilson do it, and you don't need an FFL to ship a plain slide directly.

Edit to add:
    You can't be too new to post pictures, and we really, really like pictures..!
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter
    Last edited by Spyros; 19th November 2015 at 10:16.

Posts liked by others
    New guy to WC and this forum. I am an avid SW forum poster.

Posts liked by others
    The Tactical Carry hands down!

The upgrades included in the TC package are really well thought out.

And no; "carry" doesn't mean the same as "compact."

My TC is the favorite of all my 1911's:

"Sights are for the unenlightened."

Rick

IDPA Certified Safety Officer