Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to me Auto-Ordnance 9MM

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    King's ambis are retained by a head on the hammer pin. Aren't the Kimbers? But that safety does not look like MY King's.

Posts liked by others
    I'm sure that the Kimber ambi is. Given that this part rested in my parts/junk box for years, guess I really can't say with certainty which brand it is. Thought it was Kimber as it was in Kimber packaging... maybe somebody with sharp eyes and a sharper memory than mine will come up with the answer!
    I'm retired. That's right, retired. I don't want to hear about the cop who stopped you today or how you didn't think you should get a ticket. That just makes me grumpy!

Posts liked by others
    Despite the nasty weather today, I did get out and shoot it. Could not believe that I got the sights right on when installing them, but here's the proof.

At 15 yards, it shoots right to POA - I had the sight at the bottom/center edge of the rectangle:

Starting at 3 yards and backing up to 7, firing as rapidly as I could reacquire the sights:

I think it will do. I'll probably be replacing the rest of the springs just on principle, and might tackle a new extractor as the extraction is erratic. The 10 round Wilson magazines were pretty hard to lock in on a closed slide, and I had two FTFeed malfunctions (one on the second round, the other on the third round of another mag) that a tap on the rear of the slide fixed. I'll keep shooting with them, but if I can't get them to work right it isn't much of a handicap to use 9 round mags - the Metalform 9 rounder that came with the pistol works just fine.
    I'm retired. That's right, retired. I don't want to hear about the cop who stopped you today or how you didn't think you should get a ticket. That just makes me grumpy!
    Last edited by Grumpyoldretiredcop; 1st November 2015 at 21:27.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12