Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from Brownells, Cabela's, TandemKros or Tekmat, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Also, don't forget to visit our other sponsors sites, click-throughs are appreciated by our advertisers. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New AO

Posts liked by others

New AO

As promised I received my AO from buds, always confuses me how transferring them $ out of my checking acct results in a week and a half delay over a cc payment.. Any way, as others have said for the money this is a really nice little pistol. My FFL (alias gun pusher..) happens to mentioning picking up a grab bag of parts from a friend getting out of the 1911 realm that included a trigger.... so I came home with the AO and I believe its a Remington Rand trigger.. Soaked over night some trigger work done..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes (2) :
    Grumpyoldretiredcop (21st October 2015), John (20th October 2015)

Posts liked by others
    Oh, this is a Massachusetts model, so all I can see that separate it from the other models is the "window" cut into the barrel hood to observe chamber status. I also have to say I replaced the sear spring, it was sprung like a 1 ton truck....

james

It looks pretty nice. Have you gotten to see how well it shoots yet?

Posts liked by others
    I haven't gotten a chance to shoot it yet, Antelope season started and I need to get out and chase them around. Hopefully I'll get a range report before Elk season starts and the snow flies.

james

Posts liked by others
    Had a break in antelope hunting as they were all on the private property side of the road instead of my side.... I ran three different loads through it with 3 different magazines, first was my Hornady 185 jhp going close to 1000 fps, second a
    Dardas 200 SWC, also running about 1000fps, and the same 200 SWC running about 850 pushed by red dot. All fed perfectly and all mags functioned flawlessly.. pretty day...I will post an update when i shoot at the range for accuracy. Really happy so far!
    jamesIMG_0915.jpg
    Likes (1) :
    Grumpyoldretiredcop (21st October 2015)

Last edited by picketpin; 14th October 2015 at 22:32.

Posts liked by others
    Very nice and congrats. Glad to see it fed and ran with assorted loads.

Posts liked by others
    They are very nice pistols. I have over 6,000 rounds thru mine...shooting factory loads and my own reloads using Unique or Tite Group. I have had no problems. Knock on wood the only things so far that I have replaced are the recoil spring and the recoil spring plug which cracked.
    Likes (1) :
    picketpin (21st October 2015)

Posts liked by others
    Make sure you check the new recoil spring's length for binding, when changing it out. A cracked plug is rare, because the part doesn't really get stressed much... unless the recoil spring stacks into a solid tube during cycling.
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    Hello Spyros, yes, I checked the springs length after the fact. When I posted a question why that would happen at the site here, some of the members explained to me how to check it. The length seems fine. I purchased the spring from Kahr Auto-Ordnance. The crack was length-wise along the plug. Its a mystery to me.

Posts liked by others
    Made it to the range today to see how the AO does on paper. It shoots a little left with the same three reloads I first ran through it. It will almost keep up with my Ruger LWT CMD that is quite accurate. Any way, here is a picture of it, The group was shot off hand at 20 yards with my progressive lenses and all..
    james
    AO19116.jpg
    Last edited by picketpin; 18th October 2015 at 14:34.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast