Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Still shooting my Norinco

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Still shooting my Norinco

I don't get to shoot my Norinco very often, but I am still putting rounds through it. It started as NIB. I have about 250 rounds through it with no issues other than a sticky mag. catch that I replaced. I have been watching the barrel lugs when I clean it. So far, it has been doing everything I have wanted.

Danny

Posts liked by others
    Thanks for the info Danny.

Posts liked by others
    Sounds good. Sure do like mine. Are you in the U.S.? (NIB)

Posts liked by others
    Think I put about 1,000 rounds through my Norinco 1911A1 - And it takes all: round nose, swc, hp ... not one failed. oops - but I did.
    Last summer I got my M45 CQBP gas driven .177 bb - great to shoot in my garden or cellar.
    Best: today I hope my Colt Rail Gun (made by Carl Walther and Umarex) will arrive!!
    Likes (1) :
    t-bird (31st October 2015)

Last edited by andy1963; 31st October 2015 at 05:49.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by imashooter View Post
    Sounds good. Sure do like mine. Are you in the U.S.? (NIB)
    I'm in the USA.

Danny

Posts liked by others
    The Norinco 1911 pistols have proven to be durable, accurate and reliable copies of our 1911A1.

Posts liked by others
    I have about 300-500 rounds through mine now. I have an exact count, but not right at hand. Mine, I think is one of the later ones. It is showing slight peening of the front edge of the barrel lugs, but only to one side. I have been watching it. I do not think it has progressed in the last range trips, but It is difficult to be certain. I am not sure if this is a beginning sign of the Norinco syndrome, or if a slight bit of peening is usual for all 1911s early on. I thought I had saved a link to a thread talking about what to watch for and what to do. I can't find it now and so far have not found it with a search. I think it might have been started by 1911Tuner, or at least had a bunch of his postings in it.

Danny