Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Mating a Tisas 1911 with a Nelson 22LR conversion

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Mating a Tisas 1911 with a Nelson 22LR conversion

I have enjoyed my Nelson conversion for a couple of years, using it on my Springfield Range Officer. But I wished for a dedicated 1911 frame for this fine 22LR. Since hobby funds are limited, I looked at the low-priced (but highly rated) Tisas Zig M1911 made in Turkey as a possible frame. When a like-new one came my way at a very affordable price, I grabbed it.

Was it the perfect "lower" for my Nelson? No - the Tisas as-made would only function with the Nelson using high-velocity ammo. I wanted to shoot CCI Standard Velocity target rounds. I bought a $3 part and installed it in the Tisas to make the converted pistol function perfectly with my target ammo. You can read a short article (PDF file) about my modification here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8b...ew?usp=sharing

Posts liked by others
    That is a very nice looking pistol, sir! I have heard that anything "Nelson" is not inexpensive, to say the least. I have read that the Tisas pistol is an adequate or better quality platform to create a .22 conversion 1911. I am glad it now shoots standard velocity (or even subsonic) rounds as that is what I would want.

I went a different route with my 1911 .22. I have had a JA Ciener .22 Conversion Kit (15 round mag) since ~1992 and installed it on an Olympic Arms modified Matchmaster stripped frame. All of the other parts are from SARCO, Numrich, Wolff, and Hogue. It runs with any ammo. The Wolff mainspring is 19#.

Frame and MSH parked by me. Barrel parked by Ciener.

Total cost <$500.