Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Acouple of questions about Remington 1911's .

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Acouple of questions about Remington 1911's .

There are two questions about Reminton 1911's I have had. One was asked quite a few times on this Forum with no answer.
    On the latest production guns, How is the the frame machine work look by the rear of where the recoil spring sits? Also called the "Bowtie"
    Second are these guns made completely here in the U.S. or I heard they were made in "Turkey".

Posts liked by others
    Hi T-TAC. I bought a new R1 Commander in December 2014. As regards the bowtie, below is a down-and-dirty pic. My apologies for my cel phone quality and imprecise photography skills. The machining looks good to me; as good as any of my Colts. This weapon has almost 1000 rounds thru it now. I am most pleased with the R1 and would buy it all over again. It's a shootin' son-of-a-gun! With respect to the place of manufacture, Remington informed of this:

Remington Support

Service Ticket Response

Your Remington Model 1811 R1 was manufactured in Ilion, NY.
    Thank you,
    Remington Consumer Service

Thank you and best regards,
    Remington Customer Services

Attached Images Attached Images
    -Ed-

"If you take out the killings, Washington actually has a very, very low crime rate." -- Marion Barry, Former Mayor of Washington, DC

Posts liked by others
    I asked Remington specifically where the parts and components of the R1 are made. This morning I got this response:
    Remington Support

Service Ticket Response

Dear Ed Jones,
    Thank you for contacting Remington! All parts and components for the Model 1911 pistol are made in the U.S.A., so it is truly an American firearm. Glad you are enjoying your R1 Carry Commander!
    Should you have additional questions, please feel free to contact our Consumer Services Department at 800-243-9700, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, EST, Monday through Friday.

Thank you and best regards,
    Remington Customer Services

-Ed-

"If you take out the killings, Washington actually has a very, very low crime rate." -- Marion Barry, Former Mayor of Washington, DC

Posts liked by others
    Can't tell from ED 's pic, but it looks like they may still be butchering the frame like this:

Can anyone that owns a Remington 1911 please advise if they are still cutting the frames like this?

Both John and I asked another poster in a previous thread; but a reply was never provided.
    "Sights are for the unenlightened."

Rick

IDPA Certified Safety Officer
    Last edited by Rick McC.; 24th July 2015 at 14:26.

Posts liked by others
    I think I'll stick with Colt. One of the few 1911 manufacturers that stick pretty close to John Brownings original specs

Posts liked by others

Thumbs up

Rick, I don't think I've ever seen a factory production job like you show above. I can assure you my R1 frame looks nothing like that. I tried to take a better pic this time, but again, my camera, lighting and unsteady hand leave a a lot to be desired. And T-Tac, I can't argue with your decision to stick with Colt. I'm a long time Colt guy myself and have never gone wrong there.

Attached Images Attached Images
    -Ed-

Likes (2) :
    Hurryin' Hoosier (26th January 2016), Rick McC. (25th January 2019)

Posts liked by others
    Here's the bowtie area on my R1S. This is not new production, but is only about 18 months old. I've compared it to a CZ 1911A1 and it looks pretty much identical.

Likes (1) :
    Hurryin' Hoosier (26th January 2016)

Last edited by 88E30M50; 9th October 2015 at 10:51.

Posts liked by others
    Just checked my recent purchase. The "bow tie" (I thought that was a Chevrolet) is slick as snot. Mine was made in Huntsville, FWIW.

Posts liked by others
    I have the stainless enhanced model with over a thousand rounds, that's three years old now. It's a great looking 1911 on the inside as will as the outside.
    Likes (1) :
    Hurryin' Hoosier (17th January 2016)

Posts liked by others
    My R1 Enhanced has the angled machining but it's clean and the pistol shoots great.

Before I bought my Remington, I compared the R1 Enhanced to a 2016 Colt Competition 1911 and based on what I saw, I chose the Remington. I also saved $54 over the cost of the Colt but that had nothing to do with my decision.

Below is a reduced silhouette target I shot 16 times at 16 yards using two hands. I'm sure the pistol will do better but I'm old and not as steady as I used to be.