Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Metroarms American classic 2 g.m.

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Metroarms American classic 2 g.m.

I bought my metro for $312 used at my local firearms store. I had never heard of metro until I purchased this one. My very first time out with her,I was firing federal 230gr fmj ball ammo,and the sights were off and it spit powder back at me and split the casings in the chamber. I thought my piece was defective and thought the worst for my very first 1911. I set the sights using my Allen wrench and switched to perfecta 230gr. Fmj ball ammo and she was flawless! 100 rounds in a row non stop and fired like a beast,I wouldt trade her for any other 1911. I found my wood grips to be too thick,and I know this will sound strange,but I switched my grips for a set from an airsoft 1911 style plastic gun and they fit perfectly,and my hogue rubber grip incerts improve the total weapon purchase in my hands. I have found that colt government model mags fit also,only 7 rounds as opposed to the metro 8 rounders,alse pretty much ANY other government model 1911 parts will function as well. Finally got a box of winchester pdx1 ammo and waiting for a chance to send a few down range. I have been doing quick draws and mag drills to get a good draw and mag switch at an incredible rate. But all in all,I love my metro. And my number is A00354.

Posts liked by others
    Our late friend, Steve Clark (a.k.a. Rio Vista Slim) reviewed an early example of your pistol in our e-zine, back in 2009. At that time, Eagle Imports was bringing it in under the Firestorm name, which was a carry-over from when they were selling the Spanish Llama pistols as Firestorms. Eagle changed to using the American Classic name not long after Steve's review. You can tell it's the same pistol by the distinctive Metro Arms logo inside the hammer loop.

http://ezine.m1911.org/showthread.php?6-Firestorm-DLX
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside