Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: 3 More Days

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

3 More Days

It has been a LONG wait but my new Volkmann is with UPS on its way to my FFL. It should arrive on Monday. Can't wait to try it out. The Va/Md USPSA championship is in two weeks and probably not enough time to use it as my primary but it will certainly be the backup.

Volkmann.jpg

Posts liked by others
    Congratulations on your new ammo sink
    It is beautiful!

Posts liked by others
    WOW! What can I say that is absolutely stupendous looking..
    NRA Benefactor

Posts liked by others
    Congratulations. That's a great looking Volkmann. Is that the NP3? It's hard to tell; depending on the lighting NP3 seems to look different in every picture I see of it.

Well you've made it to the end of a journey I have just begun (waiting for a Volkmann). I honestly don't even know how many months I have left. Each month that passes I just tell myself 12 more months. That way eventually I'll be surprised when it's ready a full year early!

Posts liked by others
    It is the NP3 coating. Got a chance to go out and put a 100 down the pipe. Can't wait to really play with it but getting ready for a couple USPSA matches. Can't wait to finish the break-in. The wait was painful but worth it. You will love it.

Posts liked by others
    Alright, I'll bite.....what's the equation?

LHS

Posts liked by others
    That is the continuity equation. Used to model the flow of a conserved quantity like fluid or mass. Pretty much, what goes in must go out.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by nonlinr View Post
    Pretty much, what goes in must go out.
    There is a formula for pooping!?!?!

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by nonlinr View Post
    It is the NP3 coating. Got a chance to go out and put a 100 down the pipe. Can't wait to really play with it but getting ready for a couple USPSA matches. Can't wait to finish the break-in. The wait was painful but worth it. You will love it.
    Good to know. I really like they way yours looks and I was hoping it was NP3. I asked because I ordered mine two toned with the lower, barrel, slide stop, and safety in NP3 and the upper, bushing and trigger in Ion bond. Basically a modern take on the old classic look.

Posts liked by others
    That is absolutely beautiful. Having had the opportunity to shoot one of Luke's guns a number of times, I can honestly say that I am in great want of one. My buddy Dave has a Commander bobtail in stainless with adjustable rear night sight and VZ grips and I love it. I'll take a Volkmann Percision over any Brown, Baer, Wilson, etc. any day !!! Maybe one day, I will be placing an order with Luke.. Very nice fellow as well.