Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: What holster do you all use

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    I'm going to have to take photos of my collection of Roy Baker 'Original' Pancake holsters, including a Pancake for an HK USP full sized pistol and a leather belt buckle Roy sold me many years ago.
    I discovered Roy Baker's services just about the time I was getting interested in concealed carry after receiving my first concealed weapons carry permit from the Oakland County Gun Board in Michigan, back in the early 70's.
    I quickly progressed from a 3" Chiefs Special to 4" round butt Model 66 with a Baker Pancake holster pulling it in close to me. Carried that for a number of years.
    It wasn't until late 70's that I bought my first M1911-A1, a Mk IV Series 70 chambered for .45acp.
    I remember the first day I took it to the range as if it were yesterday. I practiced shooting Speer Lawman 125gr JHPs out of my M-66 for about an hour and decided I was ready to "get knocked on my " by the .45. Note, I had no shooting buddies who had every fired a M1911, so I really didn't know what to expect except for what I had read about them.
    Loaded it, Weaver-stance with both hands holding on for dear life, preparing for the worst, and pulled the trigger...............nothing. I was still standing, empty casing ejected, and new round in battery.
    Squib load? Nah, tried it again, same result.
    This wasn't so bad! And I was hooked!
    In a moment of weakness, I sold that Mk IV after I got married, but in the intervening years, picked up a Colt steel Combat Commander, a FS (5") and a MS (4-1/2") RIA, and SA Range Officer and TRP, all in .45acp.
    I've found a leatherworker on Etsy who makes his own version of a pancake-style holster, but haven't used it for carry yet until the TRP has had it's obligatory 500 rounds through it, but I'll let you know what I think of the holster when I do.
    The TRP? Two words describe it: "surgical precision".
    I can place all the rounds into a 3x5" fluorescent card on a brown paper backard at 10 yds. with 230gr ball ammo. Being happy with it is an understatement!
    It will be nice to carry a 1911-A1 again concealed with no concerns about "printing" with the Roy Baker leather holding it in place.

Rustymusket

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by telcom911 View Post
    What's a good belt you ask, I don't know
    My Galco concealment belt. It is leather with an insert. And a casual/dress buckle.

Posts liked by others
    I have and use the Simply Rugged "Cuda" model for both the full size Government model and one for the Commander 's, very durable and comfortable. On some occasions for IWB a Milt Sparks summer special, or if I am feeling nostalgic the Bianchi Askins Avenger I have had for 35 years.

Posts liked by others
    My preferred holsters have been from Horseshoe, Crossbreed and Tucker. Tucker has been the best for belts that I've worn.

Posts liked by others
    Plastic guns plastic holsters.... Comp-Tac

Custom 1911’s .... Matt DelFatti. Look him up!! He knows what it takes to carry a pistol All Day

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Andy Arratoonian, for many years. Look him up at http://www.holsters.org/. Unfortunately, Andy has been diagnosed with Parkinson's disease, so his production (which was always limited) is now even more limited.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    I've been happy with the Bianchi 7L. I switched to that in the early 1990's after a prior custom-made one was worn out. They were great for plain clothes assignments as well as for off-duty. Now retired and moved away from my "customers", I seldom carry. When I do, the Bianchi 7L is as good as ever.

Posts liked by others
    I have a 14oz 1-1/2" BigFoot gun belt with steel liner. Depending on the pistol I have an Askins Avenger, a couple of Sparks Summer Special II's, and a couple of Vedder LightTuck's.

Posts liked by others
    https://www.amazon.com/Bianchi-Holst...der+pi+holster

I ran across this holster a few years back. It has become my favorite holster I have ever owned.
    The picture is not correct. it's moulded for the commander.
    It length is for the commander.
    It has a alittle more than the fbi cant
    I carry mine just behind my hip and almost don't know it's there.
    It covers the gun but isn't bulky.

https://ads.midwayusa.com/product/32...SABEgLR6fD_BwE

Here is a better picture of it.

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Strange, neither of these links works for me!
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast