Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Dan Wesson Lightweight CCO

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Dan Wesson Lightweight CCO

Hello:

I've been looking at purchasing a lightweight CCO style pistol and have narrowed it down between 2 manufacturers. I've never shot a Dan Wesson and my LGS has none to examine. Anyone have experience with the CCO? I'm particularly interested in quality, reliability, durability, and customer service.

Thanks.

Posts liked by others
    They are the best fitted, highest quality production CCO available. Second choice is a Colt Wiley CCO but it is not a tight close to the DW IMO. Superior trigger, duty treat slide, hard anodized frame, ......
    Last edited by captjas; 17th March 2015 at 18:59.

Posts liked by others
    I am excited to have a CCO on the way this week. I have owned a few 5" models but this will be my first Commander length 45ACP.

Posts liked by others
    I had a 10mm CBob and regret selling it. It was one of the best 1911s I have owned

Posts liked by others
    thats nice to hear, I've been thinking on picking up one of them silverbacks in 10mm.

Posts liked by others
    I have the CCO in 45. Great gun. I think it has had maybe 2 FTFeed in ~1000 rounds. Both were reloads. At a slightly longer OAL, it was 100%. Never an issue with factory ammo.

The duty treat seems scratch proof. It doesn't have a mark despite regular carry and shooting.

The gun shoots ~1.5"-2.0" groups at 15 yards rather easily in my hands. Since it is a CCW gun, I really haven't accuracy tested it at 25 yds. Maybe Saturday!

The finish is not splotchy like it looks like in this "un boxing" pic.

Last edited by Nathan; 9th March 2016 at 03:30.