Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DW Guardian Review

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

DW Guardian Review

Yeah, I'm a 1911 admirer, and I probably spent two weeks on this site before I purchased the Guardian. I am now a new member. Like many of you, I own many 1911's. Para, Springer, Colt, Rock Island. All in .45 ACP. 3 months ago I purchased a Wesson Valor, full size. 200 rounds through it without a FTF. Sweet looking and shooter. No problem with Checkmate factory mags. Eats HP, TC and FMJ all day long. I just sprung for the Guardian and it is everything the Valor is and I love the commander bob tail configuration. 200 rounds down the pipe and flawless. The duty treatment is immaculate. Once again, factory checkmates perfect. Yeah, cost is at high end, but assembly, attention to detail, milled internal fire control parts. lockup, all perfect. Right out of box trigger is consistent at 3.5 pounds. My Valor is 3#. Couldn't ask for more. If you are considering, buy it and never worry about remorse. Darn near as tight and fine as a Wilson Combat. No kidding. Production line pistol, but these folks pay attention to details. Inside machining is flawless. Hope this helps if you are on the fence. I was tempted to go for the Smith E-series..and they are fine products as well. Real lookers. And would have saved me nearly 300 bills. Glad I chose the Guardian.

Posts liked by others
    How bout a picture or three?
    Beauty is skin deep but ugly goes right to the bone.

Posts liked by others
    I got a DW guardian 45 before the holidays. I really like it. I have run 300 rounds through it without a problem. I am far from a expert but the DW really feels good and reliable. I have a sig C3 and it is not half the gun the DW is. I trust the guardian to carry with only 300 rounds shot. dan wesson.jpg

Posts liked by others
    I really like the DW stuff. The ones I have handled feel comparable to semi custom/custom guns I own. If I buy another 1911, it will likely be a DW. It is a lot of gun for the money IMHO
    Best Regards,

Jeff

Posts liked by others
    I saw a DW Guardian for the first time yesterday. It only took a few minutes in my hand to realize how well this gun was built. Now I'm impatiently waiting untill the range opens to begin breaking it in.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by tnhawk View Post
    I saw a DW Guardian for the first time yesterday. It only took a few minutes in my hand to realize how well this gun was built. Now I'm impatiently waiting untill the range opens to begin breaking it in.
    Update - The pistol functioned perfectly from the first round. I had high expectations for the DW and it meets them.

Posts liked by others
    Thanks for this thread. I have been going back and forth between the DW Guardian 45 and the SW1911 PC Commander size w/bobtail. Both are impressive guns for about the same price. The Dan Wesson has won out by a hair and I'm about to buy one. Just waiting for a call back. Finally getting a top-notch semi-custom 1911 after almost 30 years of owning 1911's.
    Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state. - Thomas Jefferson

NRA Life Member

Posts liked by others
    I haven't handled a SW1911 PC Commander but my experience with the Dan Wesson Guardian has been a pleasure. My next 1911 will likely be another DW,

Posts liked by others
    First outing with the Guardian was excellent, 247 rounds with zero hiccups. Also very impressed with the Duty Finish. Took it apart and the internal parts are top notch. Beautifully machined and fitted. It is not hard to see why it cost more once you get into this pistol.
    Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state. - Thomas Jefferson

NRA Life Member

Posts liked by others
    Thanks for the all the info......debating the purchase of a Guardian as well, and it sounds like it won't disappoint.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast