Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Recently Purchased 1911A1

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Very nice.

Posts liked by others
    I have the parkerized version I picked up used in a trade. Not too bad of a pistol for what it is. Mine shoots good, but the leade was a bit shallow and my reloads wouldn't chamber, and the front sight wasn't right. Fixable issues.
    Ken
    "I like Colts and will die that way"
    "It seems to me that I have forgotten more than I remember"

Posts liked by others
    I'm still trying to figure out why this pistol gets no love, especially when folks seem to sing the praises of Philippine-made, and other "second tier" guns. What kind of bullets were you using in your reloads? What was wrong with the front sight, other than it being smaller than I remember? LOL.

Posts liked by others
    I too am a recent AO owner. I had been issued several 1911's while in the Army and so far this on I found in a pawn shop looks pretty authentic. I haven't fired it yet and will report the results. I also am trying to research Serial # to find out when it was made. Got some leads here but if you have some you would like to share, they would be much appreciated.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Fmartin View Post
    I also am trying to research Serial # to find out when it was made. Got some leads here but if you have some you would like to share, they would be much appreciated.
    The first thing to narrow it down is whether it was made in New York or Massachusetts.

Posts liked by others
    Good idea, there Old Timer. Just how would I go about doing that. I'm 77 yrs old and my research on this pistol is at the top of my bucket list.

Posts liked by others
    It should say where it was made on the right side of the frame.

Posts liked by others
    LOL Duh, right where it was. Worcester, MA. I never claimed to be smart but I always have been a pretty good shooter.

Posts liked by others
    Worcester, Mass., makes it no older than about 2000. Previously, they were made in West Hurley, New York. The reputation of the West Hurley guns was spotty. The Worcester, Mass. guns have a better reputation.

With the serial #, you should be able to contact Auto Ordnance and find out specifically when your gun was made.

https://www.auto-ordnance.com

Posts liked by others
    I bought a west Hurley, 25 years ago back when they where Thompson Auto Ordnance my LGS had a Colt officers for the same price but didn't wanna wait for that stupid tab to shear off and watch my cap & recoil spring go down range but, after 25 yrs It'll still do this:2015_1016AutoOrd45_10yds.jpeg - Copy (2).jpg
    Likes (1) :
    PolyKahr (3rd June 2018)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast