Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: DW Guardian vs Sig C3

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

DW Guardian vs Sig C3

I shot my DW guardian 45 and my Sig C3 45 side by side Thursday night. Bot are aluim. frames 4.25.barrels. The DW out shot and out performed the Sig in every way. The recoil is close to the same Both have night sites.

The DW just is more comfortable in the hand, the slide release is better, and DW has smoother safety and is more positive. Both guns have around 400 rounds shot. The Sig is still not reliable and I will not be carrying it because I do not trust it. The C3 has been back to Sig once for FTF problems.

On the other hand the DW has performed flawlessly all sorts of 230 ball, and JHP all work great. I am selling the Sig C3, soon. The DW is a sure keeper.

Posts liked by others
    Dan Wesson certainly has top quality 1911s, more so if you choose 10mm.
    NRA Life Member since '67

"Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake."
    Napoleon

Posts liked by others
    Of all the production 1911's I've handled or had the opportunity to fire the DW guns appear to be the best made of the bunch.
    Lynnie, "Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal. "
    - Albert Camus

Posts liked by others
    Reckon there is a pretty good price difference between the 2 also.
    I have always been impressed with DW. Some years ago, I could have purchased a very very early Pointman 9.....but alas I let it slip through my hands.
    Beauty is skin deep but ugly goes right to the bone.

Posts liked by others
    Dan Wesson's have always been a class act...I'm working on getting a Heritage in the collection.
    "The great object is that every man be armed..."
    Patrick Henry, June 5, 1778

NRA Patron Life Member
    USCG Veteran

Posts liked by others
    Yesterday was my first time to handle a Guardian. I was immediatly impressed. I knew it I didn't walk out the door of the shop with it then, I'd regret letting this pistol stay on the shelf untill the next person claimed it. After disassembing it and getting it ready for the first trip to the range, it was even more apparent how well this pistol was built.

Posts liked by others
    I got mine a couple weeks ago, have almost 500 rounds through it without a hitch!
    DW.45.jpg

Posts liked by others
    I have a SIG 1911 RCS Compact. It's the same thing as the C3 with rounded edges and it comes from the SIG Pro Shop. It has been problem free and I like it. However, it is certainly not of the same quality as the Guardian. The Guardian I bought a year ago is excellent quality inside and also has shot with zero problems. Just wish I had bought one sooner.

Guardian-web.jpg
    Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state. - Thomas Jefferson

NRA Life Member