Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RRA is back in the game!!!

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

RRA is back in the game!!!

Lynnie, "Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal. "
    - Albert Camus

Posts liked by others
    I hope this time around the guns are better than the last time.

Took a look at the Carry Pistol. What the heck is a "match" frame? What the heck is a "match speed trigger," and how is it any better than the lightened aluminum triggers I can buy from Sarco for 13 bucks? And, seriously -- $1,650 and they ship it with ONE magazine?

Personally, I think they should stick to AR-15s and stay out of the 1911 game.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    To be fair, if you spend 1600+ dollars on a 1911, it very likely isn't your first one, so you will probably have some magazines to feed it with. Plus, people can be really fickle about which mags they prefer to use in their 1911s, so it makes some sense to include one and leave the user free to pick the rest.

Well, it's an argument, anyway...
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    Well sort of... at least it isn't two tone.
    http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.c...TOKEN=96981313

"Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot
    Dominus Vobiscum . . . <))>(
    Last edited by dV8r; 20th January 2015 at 13:04.

Posts liked by others
    The others look much more interesting.

I'm curious to see what the new guns (the steel ones) will look like. The gun pictures currently shown in their site seem to be from way back when they last offered a full 1911 range.

Are they taking part in the SHOT show? This would clear things up pretty quickly.
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    I recently picked up a commander size RR Elite Commando.
    If the new ones are close the this one, I'll be buying another RR.
    This one was made somewhere around 2000-2003. I can't get the history until after SHOT.
    Too bad later guns come with a stamped slide. I prefer the naked ones.
    Here's the old catalog page for comparison. It doesn't look like they list a current production commander size gun.
    Rock River Arms Pro Carry 005.jpgRock River Arms Pro Carry 002.jpgRR Elite Commando.jpg
    Last edited by Sawgrass; 21st January 2015 at 09:13.

Posts liked by others
    Glad to see them coming back to 1911 production. I was always impressed with their quality.

Posts liked by others
    Great news. My favorite 1911.

Posts liked by others
    Joni, if my memory serves me right, you were once on the verge of getting an RRA at just about the time they quit making them.
    Best Regards,

Jeff

Posts liked by others
    I got my Limited Match in 2004, not to trash it and rehash it again but it was a problem child and I got absolutely no help from them. I let a pistolsmith that had done work for me fix it and now it runs pretty good. It's still a cool gun. I guess everyone makes a mistake now and again right?
    Lynnie, "Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal. "
    - Albert Camus

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast