Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2015 brought me a snub .357 Magnum (pinned and recessed)

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    I really like your snub.

I traded for my first Chief's Special this year (Model 36 3" barrel):

And then I soon found another Model 36 in nickel:

The blue one came with it's box while the second had non-original stocks.

These old pinned J-frames are very good.

I also found a K-frame .357 Magnum in nickel (same guy with the nickel 36):
    Colt 1911, S&W revolvers, Winchester rifles

Posts liked by others
    Vintage Racer, that is a gem. I have a few Smith K and N frames going back to about 1921...they used a lot of hand work in those days and your fine looking M19 shows the same thing.
    Here is my only remaining DA .357, a newer and unfortunately a non-blue one...

Sometimes simple is best.
    Likes (1) :
    Vintage Racer (14th June 2016)

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by dogngun View Post
    I have a few Smith K and N frames going back to about 1921...they used a lot of hand work in those days....
    Here is my only remaining DA .357, a newer and unfortunately a non-blue one...Sometimes simple is best.
    I agree. Nice double action .357. Are you now into single action?

There is no doubt that the earlier ones are hand made by expert craftsmen. It was a different era.

Just saying. Most of my revolvers are blue, but every once in a while I see a really nice nickel one:

I found this Model 27-1 a couple of weeks ago (only made one year, in 1960):

Posts liked by others
    I guess that I now have three S&W Highway Patrolman in 4" barrels:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12