Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: A Simple Observation

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    I have noticed that quite a few of our old timers don't come around anymore. Some of these guys had great stuff to contribute and a ton of knowledge. I can't tell you how much I learned from them!
    I hope it's not just the novelty running its course.
    Beauty is skin deep but ugly goes right to the bone.

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Doran, I hate to tell you, that pictures have been viewable by all visitors for some years now!
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    Interesting. I've sent magazine ID sticky links to others via email or posted them on other forums and gotten comments they couldn't see the photos. Next time that happens I'll get details.

Posts liked by others
    Test it for yourself. Log off and then surf the forum. See if you see photos in the photo threads.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    I logged off and could see photos. I've emailed a link to someone who couldn't view them approx. two yrs ago; we'll see if he can view them now. He's the only one I still have an email address for and didn't save the PMs from the others.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Doran View Post
    I logged off and could see photos. I've emailed a link to someone who couldn't view them approx. two yrs ago; we'll see if he can view them now. He's the only one I still have an email address for and didn't save the PMs from the others.
    PMs? Anyone who isn't registered can't send PMs.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    I've been less active in here of late as either a contributor or a lurker/researcher. I found this forum during a search for info about my 1911 and the future 1911 purchases I was planning. I learned a lot, and I also learned that I have LOTS to learn yet.

I thought that with my busy schedule and the holiday, that I was one of the few that wasn't here much lately. My normal method here is to log in and click "New Posts", and I've noticed that there have been fewer when I do so. I assumed that I wasn't seeing all of the activity or something.

Either way, I plan to be here a long time because of the astounding amount of knowledge available here and for the civil tone in this group. So many other forums are downright nasty.

My next 1911 is possibly going to be something "shiny" vs. the models I have now that are "all business". I have a lot to consider from those here whose opinions I value. I have to decide whether I buy the perfect pistol or build one.

I routinely disperse what I read here to my guys at work and apparently have had enough impact to proudly say that ALL of us at work own and carry 1911s.

James - hoping Santa doesn't forget to bring a case of ball ammo this year
    If you're about to stir the pot, you better be prepared to lick the spoon.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon View Post
    PMs? Anyone who isn't registered can't send PMs.
    The PMs came from another forum. I'd sent posters links to magazine photos via PM and they replied they couldn't view photos. I didn't save those PMs. I do have the email address of another gentleman who said he couldn't view photos. I've sent him a link again but he hasn't replied as yet.

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Two years ago, that was different. We changed the way pictures show, when we changed to the latest version of the forums software. It's been that way ever since that time.

Oh! AND MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    The gentleman replied he can see photos now.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast