Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Novak's Colt

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Novak's Colt

I had occasion to visit the shop of Wayne Novak in early October with a friend that wanted new sights for a couple of her pistols. We met Wayne and staff (& the shop dog) and were treated to the grand tour of the shop.
    After getting new sights on several guns I asked about 1911 work and Wayne liked the idea so I left my stainless series 70 Government model with them for a few changes.

It got new sights, fiber optic with a big green one in front, red in the rear. New grip safety, hammer & trigger job. Lowered & flared the ejection port. Fitted a new bushing, reliability package. Installed and modified a Smith & Alexander magwell. It also got a very mild dehorn of the sharp edges.
    I had previously fitted the trigger myself. Grips are Mil Tac G10.
    It feels good in the hand and shoots great.
    Wayne posed for a photo with us before we headed back home.

I intentionally didn't go all out on this gun. I had an idea of what I wanted and they delivered 110%
    Thanks go out to all the great people at Novak's. Matt did the work on my 1911 and was a pleasure to deal with. They really went above and beyond in helping my friend with getting the sights she wanted on her XD & M&P Pro. (and a big green fiber optic on my SA TRP)
    I'm looking forward to another visit with them maybe in the spring of 2015.
    Lynnie, "Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal. "
    - Albert Camus
    Last edited by Joni Lynn; 8th December 2014 at 18:25.

Posts liked by others
    Ah yes...yet another good story from an industry icon! So glad you had the opportunity to meet him.
    You might want to let your friend in on the 1911 thing....she might like em.
    Beauty is skin deep but ugly goes right to the bone.

Posts liked by others
    My friend is reasonably well versed on the 1911 addiction. She and I have Colt Gunsite stainless guns that are consecutively numbered. (this actually happened by accident) She is probably going to be wanting to exercise some of mine as soon as it gets a bit warmer. M&P & XD are her IDPA game guns for now.
    Lynnie, "Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal. "
    - Albert Camus
    Last edited by Joni Lynn; 8th December 2014 at 18:32.

Posts liked by others
    Nice work, and good choice on parts (and the understated look)!

We now need another picture of the gun, placed in front of a target that has some holes in it...
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    How cool is that to end up with consecutive serial numbers with your friend!
    SEMPER FI

Posts liked by others
    I thought it was really neat when I found out about the numbers. Her gun runs like a champ and mine wouldn't do two rounds in a row. Colt fixed it up for me, now it runs as it should.
    This Colt may become my IDPA gun. The front sight sure lends itself to that quite well.
    - Albert Camus

Posts liked by others
    What a honor to meet Wayne and see his shop.

Posts liked by others
    We were very pleased to not just be able to walk in that day (I had called a few days before) and get the sights installed but also to meet everyone and get the royal tour. Definitely a high point for both of us.
    - Albert Camus

Posts liked by others
    Very nice work.. I do appreciate a stainless 1911.

Posts liked by others
    Thank you, I think I'm up to four stainless 1911's now, one Colt, two SA and a left handed Safari Arms. Well, there might be five of them in a few days. It may be an addiction but it's fun!!!
    - Albert Camus
    Last edited by Joni Lynn; 18th December 2014 at 15:22.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast