Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Sig Tac Ops or Tac Pac? Differences?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Sig Tac Ops or Tac Pac? Differences?

Hi,
    I am about to purchase my first Sig 1911.
    I have been drooling over the TacOPs Railed model. I like the extended magwell and all the cuts that are distinctly Sig Sauer.
    Then I saw the Tac Pac at a local store. But this one has a laser , but no extended magwell.
    So what are the differences between the Tac Pac and the TAc OPs? They look like the same gun, minus the extended magwell, and one comes with a laser. Are the internal parts the same?
    Also, will my Chip McCormick 10 rounders work in the extended magwell?
    Thanks in advance!
    Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big old storm right in the eye and says, "Give me your best shot. I can take it."

Posts liked by others
    As you have already guessed, they are basically the same gun, perhaps a few minor cosmetic differences.

The "Tac Pac" is a marketing kit used by Sig and is available on most of their handguns including the classic P-series guns. You get the gun, holster, mag pouch, and laser/light and an additional magazine, all together in a case versus buying each piece later on your own.

As to the McCormick 10 rounders, they should work fine, but you will have to test them yourself to know for 100% certain.
    "The 1911 was the design, given by God to us through John M. Browning, that represents the epitome of what a killing tool needs to be. It was true in 1911 and it's true now." - Col. Robert Coates commanding, U.S. Marine Corp Special Operations Command Detachment 1 (DET 1)

Posts liked by others
    very good. Thanks.
    I went with the Tac Ops.
    Any IWB holster ooptions for these railed Sigs? I have a MTac for my Springfield 1911.
    I like the 1/2 Kydex shell type.
    Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big old storm right in the eye and says, "Give me your best shot. I can take it."

Posts liked by others
    Since Sig uses their proprietary slide profile, just any 1911 holster won't fit. I would suggest giving Comp-Tac or Blade Tech a call and see if they can whip you up a custom kydex option.
    "The 1911 was the design, given by God to us through John M. Browning, that represents the epitome of what a killing tool needs to be. It was true in 1911 and it's true now." - Col. Robert Coates commanding, U.S. Marine Corp Special Operations Command Detachment 1 (DET 1)

Posts liked by others
    Thanks.
    I went with a Crossbreed.