Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New (Used) Norinco 1911 .45

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

New (Used) Norinco 1911 .45

Got it a few weeks ago. Nice and used, scratched, excellent. Put black rubber checkered grips on it. Same type as I installed on my Rock. Barrel lugs are good which is a concern on used Norincos from what I gather. Has an extra long idiot scratch which gives it character. Slide /frame is a bit loose, very similar in degree as those I handled in the military. No biggie. Barrel and barrel bushing are a good fit. Has normal wear on it for its age in my opinion though I just shoot 'em. Took it all the way down and cleaned, lubed, and reassembled with some new springs. Installed a Wolff 16 lb. recoil spring and a new firing pin spring. Replaced the sear spring with a new Cylinder & Slide light - pull sear spring. Had to file about 1 1/2 mm from the bottom tab to keep it out of the magazine well. Pistol appears to me to be one of those kept under the driver seat. Fine with me. If it all checks out it'll be my carry 1911. Having a touch of OCD (thanks military) of which I'm mostly (but not entirely) thankful, I just can't stand to carry something nice and pretty. Have now fired about 12 boxes (600 rounds) of 230 gr. fmj brass. Does fine. It is now my daily carry.

Likes (1) :
    John (18th November 2015)

Posts liked by others
    Thanks for the edit. What did I mess up?

Posts liked by others
    My first 1911 I ever purchased was a Norinco. I wish I still had it. It shot great. If I recall correctly, I think I paid just over $300 for it brand new back in 93 or 94. Now all I have is sellers remorse. Enjoy it. If it shoots good and is reliable, don't ever sell it.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by fortis45 View Post
    My first 1911 I ever purchased was a Norinco. I wish I still had it. It shot great. If I recall correctly, I think I paid just over $300 for it brand new back in 93 or 94. Now all I have is sellers remorse. Enjoy it. If it shoots good and is reliable, don't ever sell it.
    I've really grown attached to my Norinco. Had seen them in passing years ago but never gave them a second thought. Dumb on my part. Perhaps someday we will import them again. Welcome to the forum.

Posts liked by others
    I passed up a Norinco 1911 several years ago. I was pretty used, and the Pawn Shop owner didn't want to take a lower cash offer so I walked. Still kinda wish I had bought it as a project.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by BIPMaster View Post
    I passed up a Norinco 1911 several years ago. I was pretty used, and the Pawn Shop owner didn't want to take a lower cash offer so I walked. Still kinda wish I had bought it as a project.
    I hear ya. Thought I would use this one to learn a little this/that on but so far it runs too darn sweet for me to mess with. Welcome to the forum.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by imashooter View Post
    I hear ya. Thought I would use this one to learn a little this/that on but so far it runs too darn sweet for me to mess with. Welcome to the forum.
    Thanks. I had been reading up on good base 1911s that had a quality frame and slide I could strip down and rebuild, and the Norinco 1911 kept popping up as being suitable for such a project as well a being a good shooter in its own right.

Posts liked by others
    In the last couple of weeks I added a WC Group Gripper and an EGW oversized firing pin stop and angled barrel bushing. I fit the fps to the pistol because I discovered my original was allowing the extractor to clock which caused an occasional case from ejecting. It now ejects just fine and pretty much between 3/4 o'clock, just a few feet out. The GG fully took away the vertical slop I had at the rear of the barrel. The new bushing really tightened my barrel up front. All of this resulted in more consistent groups and noticeably better accuracy.

Posts liked by others
    Imashooter,

I see you got my pm. I sure wish I had mine back. I traded a Remington 788 .243 for it. (I never was a .243 fan) The purchase price in 12/24/1993 was $289. I had it worked over by a local IPSC guy and probably got lucky because it worked super for me. Sold it in a moment of weakness at a gun show in Rossville GA.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteMacMahon View Post
    Imashooter,

I see you got my pm. I sure wish I had mine back. I traded a Remington 788 .243 for it. (I never was a .243 fan) The purchase price in 12/24/1993 was $289. I had it worked over by a local IPSC guy and probably got lucky because it worked super for me. Sold it in a moment of weakness at a gun show in Rossville GA.
    I too would be kicking myself. Would love to have a brand spanking new one as others across the world are allowed. Perhaps someday. Thanks again.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast