Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SIG 1911 Super Target - SIGs newest 1911 offering

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

SIG 1911 Super Target - SIGs newest 1911 offering

I picked this up last week. No range time yet. It's finally on the SIG Sauer WEB site. Production began, I believe, in October late September and the guns started arriving in October.

http://sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/1911-nitron-super-target.aspx

Here are some rather less than stellar pictures. I didn't do anything to the gun and these were taken on the floor without any light tent, just room lighting.

I also didn't do anything to the gun; didn't wipe it down with oil or anything, so, it's as it came out of the plastic.

Last edited by SIGWolf; 2nd November 2014 at 07:12.

Posts liked by others

Cool More pictures

Here are some more pictures. These slightly better, but still suffer from a lack of good strong defused light. The background also could be better. I've been posting these all over the place on just about every forum of which I'm a member with the exception of Rimfire Central and Sniper Central!

Posts liked by others
    They also make the gun in a stainless version. The MSRP is $1690. I paid a good bit less than that. It seems the more settled street price is in the $1300+/- range. This is the first current model SIG 1911 I've purchased. I have a rather obsessive relationship with Dan Wesson 1911s and with the very early, first iteration GSRs of which I own two. I loved that early GSR but in a moment of instanity I sold it only to buy two more early this year. Both are going to Gray Guns for a custom build on one of them.

Here is a thread on SIGforum where there are pictures of the stainless. I'm not going to post those here because they aren't mine. If you are so inclined there are some pictures of the stainless on GB which you can see as well as in the SIGforum post.

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc...8770063263/p/8
    Last edited by SIGWolf; 2nd November 2014 at 07:09.

Posts liked by others
    Nice looking Sig!
    Lynnie, "Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal. "
    - Albert Camus

Posts liked by others
    Nice Sig. How does this compare/stack up to the Sig Super Match (which is SAO)?

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithN View Post
    Nice Sig. How does this compare/stack up to the Sig Super Match (which is SAO)?
    I don't have a P220 Super Match, I have a P220 Match Elite. In terms of cost, it runs about $300 more based on MSRP. I don't know how they compare in accuracy. I haven't taken mine to the range yet.

Posts liked by others
    Oh! I am soooo looking forward to a range report!
    Beauty is skin deep but ugly goes right to the bone.

Posts liked by others
    SIGWolf, do you have a range report for us yet?

Posts liked by others
    I have a mini-range report.

I took the gun out last week and ran 150 rounds of American Eagle through it. My primary purpose was to check for functionality and reliability. I'm glad to report the gun was flawless from round one. There was not even a hint of a hiccup and the guns cycled very smoothly. I had lubbed it with standard viscosity Slide Glide. The temperature was in the upper 50's. All magazines were also flawless. The grips are exceptionally comfortable and provide an excellent hold on the gun and I believe assist in reducing muzzle flip perhaps due to the length of the grips.

Because the range was crowded I shot mostly off hand. However, toward the end of the session I shot resting the butt of the gun on the shooting table. I hadn't brought my bench rest. As for accuracy, the gun is capable of better than I am. I had some great groups. However, I found the front sight a little difficult for me to get a reliable sight picture especially with the glasses I was wearing and being cross eye dominant. Next time out, I'm going to take my other glasses and the rest and concentrate on seeing what the gun can really do. The trigger is crisp with a nice break.

I can say though, I am more than fully satisfied with the fit, finish and functionality. The only slight issue was the rear sight adjustment. It tended to stick a little. Initially I was reluctant to apply too much force as I tend to do that. So, I rather gingerly applied pressure and it released. Since bringing it home, I've checked again and can adjust the height more easily with just a little sticking. I believe this will continue to improve.

Posts liked by others
    A gun that good looking had better shoot nothing but bullseyes! Seriously, that is an amazing 1911.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast