Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zero tolerance?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    I've owned ZT's for several years now; they're good quality hard use knives.

The top two are ST's.

The bottom one is an HK (Benchmade) OTF auto.
    "Sights are for the unenlightened."

Rick

IDPA Certified Safety Officer
    Last edited by Rick McC.; 21st December 2014 at 20:08.

Posts liked by others
    Since the knife laws changed last year in TN, I've been using a Protech Godson or Runt for daily use. For rough tasks I let the Bechmade assisted opening knife take the abuse.

Posts liked by others
    I carry a 350 and have for a year, really like this knife , holding up very well

Posts liked by others
    I like good knives.

My wife (veterinary surgeon) likes them more, which is a little scary. She carries the big mamma jamma Zero Tolerance (0300?) strongside and loves it.

I have this Severtech auto strongside:

We both carry Microtech OTF's weakside.

Posts liked by others
    carry the 0350 daily, it is a good knife

Posts liked by others
    Have owned and carried MANY ZT knives. All were well made, and in my opinion, overbuilt. Sharp from the factory, and their customer service was first rate.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Posts liked by others
    There was a time, very long ago when I was a young lad, that I had a very small colletion of knives, but I 've never owned a Zero Tolerance one.
    I like knives but I've never carried any, in my opinion a knife is only useful if you are in the woods, and probably I could never properly use a knife for self defence, but I'm interested on other people's opinions.

A Good Easter to all.
    Originality can't be restored, so put "originality" at the top of a priority list. If JMB didn't put it on the 1911 you don't need it.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by BigE View Post
    i know this forum does not get much attention, but I was wondering how many of you carry for EDC and use zero Tolerance knives and how well they hold up or how much abuse they can take. I just bought a few and so far I really like them.
    20160917_104433.jpg20160917_104519.jpg20160917_104320.jpg

This is my only Zero Tolerance knife and it's built like a tank. For some reason they discontinued my color scheme they have the brown one still which I think is 302 they are alot heavier than any other knife I ever owned. I live near Smokey Mountain Knife Works In Sevierville TN. If not its 4 stories of every knife you would ever want and when I took mine in I was going to have them sharpen it for me and was looking and 1 of the salesman said is that a ZT 301 & I said I'm not sure I showed it to him and he said to lock it in safe they discontinued it and it might go up in price. They can get up in price I prefer to carry my Benchmade ATFII which it wasn't legal to carry in TN till lately they made switchblade legal again. You had to have Military ID or Police Or Rescue Squad I.D. My Benchmade is not nearly as heavy and the blade it alot thinner so I think it holds its edge better. The ZT would be hard to break. Since I got mine they have come out with alot of different variations of the ZT. I was huge NCIS Fan and if you ever watch it Mark Harmon's character Agent Gibbs has Zero Tolerance like mine except his has tan handle. Where mine is green but they both have the Zebra Stripe blades. If you want one they are very well made knives. I just liked a little lighter weight knife. I purchased alot of my knives through BladeHQ then they built S.M.K.W. close by and now I can look at them in person instead of on the computer screen. Good luck hope this helped some.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck357 View Post
    20160917_104433.jpg20160917_104519.jpg20160917_104320.jpg

This is my only Zero Tolerance knife and it's built like a tank. For some reason they discontinued my color scheme they have the brown one still which I think is 302 they are alot heavier than any other knife I ever owned. I live near Smokey Mountain Knife Works In Sevierville TN. If not its 4 stories of every knife you would ever want and when I took mine in I was going to have them sharpen it for me and was looking and 1 of the salesman said is that a ZT 301 & I said I'm not sure I showed it to him and he said to lock it in safe they discontinued it and it might go up in price. They can get up in price I prefer to carry my Benchmade ATFII which it wasn't legal to carry in TN till lately they made switchblade legal again. You had to have Military ID or Police Or Rescue Squad I.D. My Benchmade is not nearly as heavy and the blade it alot thinner so I think it holds its edge better. The ZT would be hard to break. Since I got mine they have come out with alot of different variations of the ZT. I was huge NCIS Fan and if you ever watch it Mark Harmon's character Agent Gibbs has Zero Tolerance like mine except his has tan handle. Where mine is green but they both have the Zebra Stripe blades. If you want one they are very well made knives. I just liked a little lighter weight knife. I purchased alot of my knives through BladeHQ then they built S.M.K.W. close by and now I can look at them in person instead of on the computer screen. Good luck hope this helped some.
    I've carried a knife every day for over 60 years now, and actually have (and continue) h2h and blade training.

I prefer fixed blades for social use, with my ZT being my primary carry blade, and a custom fighting bowie made by Greg Covington being a close second.

I carry the ZT in a kydex IWB sheath custom made by Panther Convealment. The Covington is carried in a leather IWB made by Greg himself.

"Sights are for the unenlightened."

Rick

IDPA Certified Safety Officer

Posts liked by others
    I have had a 0350 for about 2 years very good knife, a little heavier than the Kershaw blur I used for previous 15 years

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12